FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Southeastern MA Reports  (Read 4480 times)

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
Southeastern MA Reports
« on: Apr 15, 2005, 12:40 PM »
Post your reports here.............

If you do not wish to have your honey hole revealed then be cautious what and how you post.

Do not be a "Spot Burner"

Example report:

Fished Lake Mugz today. South end. Caught "x" amount of fish, all on Purple 5" Senko's. All fish were caught between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Bite died at 12:00 Noon.

buckmanJR86

Re: Southeastern MA Reports
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:00 PM »
guess i should start his thread off, lol

went out in the boat with my friend on maremichi (foxboro) lotsa crappie trolling and 7 bass all over 1 pound on silver slug-go's. biggest being 3.5-4 pounds. not really in there beds yet tho. gunna try every weekend now, gotto get that 7.5 pound bass this year, if i only knew about the pins two years ago ice fishing! (ps, all the bass were caught in the horseshoe part)

G.Horne

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2005, 06:34 AM »
Fished my club tourney held at Agawam River on Sunday. Water temp was on the low 70's and some bass were still on beds. I started by the dam pitching the bushes and didn't have a hit. I went under the highway and along the left bank and fished the docks catching two keepers on tubes after that I struggled to catch a keeper. I finally caught a limit and culled once with a couple comming off beds. I tryed everything from fishing the matted weeds to fishing the drop down to 8'-10', docks, the bridge, I couldn't find a bigger fish ???  . I ended up with [email protected]. My father had a good day he caught a total of 26 bass weighing the best [email protected]. His non-boater finished 2nd with 12+lbs and tourney lunker at 5.5lbs. The winner had 12.64lbs caught off beds

buckmanJR86

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2005, 09:47 AM »
fished the private pond (sry cant tell any one)
 caught 9 bass skipping creature baits weedless over the mats and lilly pads my dad caught one fish (hehehe), but it was 5 pounds on a black slugo.

the pond is only about 10 acres, but holds some nice nice fish and some trout, wild trout that is.  when in the middle in about 20 feet of water u can see right down to the bottem. 10 feet from shore ur over ur head. its like a huge bowl.

(ps, we saw a couple that looked like sharks in the water, easily pin fish.)

Mark Barlow

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2005, 04:20 PM »
 Was supposed to fish a pond like that over the winter in the same town as I caught my big ones, but the snow plows had blocked the enterance. The guy I was going to fish it with said he caught a 10.2 lber the previos summer and he released it back unharmed.

G.Horne

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Pre-fished Wequaquet today for next Sat Freedom tourney with my father. The water temp was 48-50 degrees. Last year at this tourney water temp was 38-40 degrees so fishing should be perrty good next week ;D. We caught 5 bass total(3 smallies - 2 lagre) biggest about 2lbs. and thats not going to get it done in the tourney :-\. All fish were caught in 6' or less on jigs, jerkbaits and senkos. 8)

G.Horne

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2006, 11:52 PM »
Fished the Freedom Tourney today at Wequaquet with the old man. The weather was awesome it started raining about 8am and didn't stop. It sleeted, snowed and the wind was blowing about 30mph. I couldn't feel my hands all day and had to use two hands to push the thumb bar on my baitcasters and had to close my rod hand with my other hand to hold on the rod, FUN  The water temp was 48 degrees same as last weekend pre-fishing. We caught all our fish in two spots. The first was about 8' where we got 7 smallies then left to hit a couple other spots and returned to finish our limit with another smallie. Then we hit another spot where my father pulled 3 largies in a row to cull out 3 smallies. We finished with [email protected] and a 3.76lbs lunker good for 4th place and $150  3rd was 6@16+lbs, 2nd was 17+lbs and 1st was 7@18+lbs tourney lunker was 6.56lbs. There was 22 boats 8)

tinboat

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2006, 06:20 AM »
Found myself with a spare hour, hit the Indianhead River in Hanson/Hanover for some stocked trout, using an ultralight with inline spinners. Caught half dozen small (9" - 11") rainbows, catch and release, in about half an hour. There was a guy there bi$*#ing and moaning about the 'tiny' fish....I though he was going to pitch his rod in the river....saw him catch a few fish, but didn't see him throw any back.

Jpete92

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Found myself with a spare hour, hit the Indianhead River in Hanson/Hanover for some stocked trout, using an ultralight with inline spinners. Caught half dozen small (9" - 11") rainbows, catch and release, in about half an hour. There was a guy there bi$*#ing and moaning about the 'tiny' fish....I though he was going to pitch his rod in the river....saw him catch a few fish, but didn't see him throw any back.

Unreal this guy upset because he is catching fish! There are worse days.....What a jack ass...

sippican

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Sippican is here..March 15th and it has been raining hard for days. All rivers in the state are "blown out" raging torents of mud. I am hoping to post here as the season goes on. I am Bozeiceman from iceshanty. Tell me how this site works. Most recent thread on top right? Cronological?

unoman

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2010, 01:28 PM »
gonna unsticky this one and let it slide down the posts....dont want to delete with such good info but its very old...trying to clean up the site

karl

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.