FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last Friday  (Read 468 times)

stripernut

Last Friday
« on: Aug 26, 2014, 01:57 PM »
I have been burning the candle at both end and have not had the chance to write up a "report".

So, last Friday I take my canoe down to one of the local lakes that I ice fish from time to time to see how the bass fishing was. I was on the water around 3:30pm and started getting LM over deep weed beds in 15ft of water. A crank bait worked well with only one fish about 3lbs. I was using a rod that was rigged with mono and it brought back all kinds of memories... None very good, man does that stuff deaden a fight! I will be re-rigging that outfit with braid!!! I worked the shore line with a variety of lures but other than bait size bass, not much luck on the shore. As I worked some deeper shore line I kept marking fish in the deep water that the crank bait was not getting down to, so I started tossing a Wacky rigged worm each time I marked fish and most of the time I got a fish... As the sun went down and the wind and rain seemed to be letting up, I was looking forward to throwing the Jitterbug! Well the mill pond surface only lasted a few minutes and the wind and rain came in hard... I was still getting fish on the jitterbug, but it was not as much fun or productive as I had hoped fighting the wind... In the end, lots of fish, none worth pulling the camera out for... I will be back there before the season is over, just hope it will be on a better night!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.