FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 3-4 day trip suggestions  (Read 1672 times)

Hillbilly75

3-4 day trip suggestions
« on: Apr 21, 2013, 10:54 AM »
I am planning to do a three maybe four day solo fishing/camping trip within the next few weeks. My plan is to fish the river below Canyon Ferry one or two days, and then below Hauser one or two days. Might even stop at Holter for one night. Those that have fished these areas regularly have any suggestions or even warnings  :nono: ?

I prefer fishing the river over the lakes; but at night , I will probably throw a line or two in whichever lake I am staying at. I will be tent camping. I do have good waders and have the gear for fly fishing but personally prefer throwing jigs/cranks.

Thanks in advance.
Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

Hillbilly75

Re: 3-4 day trip suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2013, 11:03 AM »
I know below Hauser is accessible but not familiar at all with accessibility below Canyon Ferry. I do not have rappelling gear  ;D
Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

JayHelfrich

• My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2013, 04:34 PM »
There is a camp ground and paved road below Canyon Ferry.  No need for climbing gear.

Jay
Take a kid fishing now and they will return the favor later!

Houdy66

• Rippin' lips and crackin' cold ones!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2013, 12:38 AM »
Fishing below both dams is great. I suggest throwing a worm and marshmallow out with one rod and let it bounce in the current. You could toss anything from casting rapalas to spoons from shore and do well at both places. Watch out for snags up near the dams. Below Hauser, try across the dam on the rocky beach below and toss up toward the dam and let the current take it downstream while you reel. I've had a lot of luck all along the rocks down there. If you want to hike, take the trail on the far side down to Beaver Creek (about 1 and a quarter miles) and you'll find great fishing the whole way. Good luck and tight lines!

Hillbilly75

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2013, 01:59 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.