FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nor' Easter Troutin'-What kind of trout??  (Read 1436 times)

big big rdg

Nor' Easter Troutin'-What kind of trout??
« on: May 25, 2005, 08:59 PM »
Me my brother and cousin john went fishing today on a local pond. The weather wasnt too good but we didnt care too much. It poured and the rain poured. We sat in the car with the heat blasting and just watched to see if any of the rods would double over because the wind was swaying them side to side so we couldnt tell if there was a fish or the wind. The first fish of the day we noticed jump clear out of the water out where my line was, so when i went to check it, FSH ON!Same with the other. The first looked to be a rainbow but had all kinds of spots and a golden stomach on its stomach so we dont know what kind it is, and the second was a 17" Rainbow. What is the first kind of trout??
Mystery Trout-I think a rainbow?

Second Rainbow-John

FSHON!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Nor' Easter Troutin'-What kind of trout??
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Rainbow trout all the way, nice fish!

big big rdg

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 05:42 AM »
Thats what I thought but it just had them weird spots all over it, unlike any i've ever caught. Thanks!
FSHON!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Those are the strangest Rainbows I have ever seen. In my area they never get anywhere near that dark, or do they have such pronounced spots.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Definitely a rainbow and a beauty at that. You should come fish some of the little creeks we have here. I've caught rainbows that were literally a dark purple from spending their entire lives under logs and structure like that. I got one monday that had more spots than that. Nice trout!
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.