FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy sally drawdown  (Read 2755 times)

LUNKERSKUNKER

Missy sally drawdown
« on: Sep 21, 2022, 06:44 AM »
Anyone know when they will start to let water out of missy and sally?

bigr

Re: Missy sally drawdown
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2022, 11:21 AM »
If it's as normal years it will be around the 1st for Roush and 10th for Sally and 25th for Missy. Watch the Corp site for a change in discharge rate and you'll likely know it's started.

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2022, 07:16 AM »
It appears the corp has started the drawdown on the Roush resi. Level is down by appox 1 1/2ft. Sally will be next vary soon.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2022, 10:55 AM »
Sally has now begun it's drawdown.

gilldan

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2022, 06:37 PM »
I was at Sally today.   Checked the chart at the Nature center.  Sally is down 6", Roush down 3', Missy is at summer pool.   I checked four spots at Sally and didn't see anyone in a boat or fishing from the shore.  Water color looked good with a small ripple.   I did see one boat pulling out of the dirt road ramp by Lancaster along the river.

FW88

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2022, 11:43 AM »
Avid spillway fall fishing however looks like they are still working on the Sally spillway. Complete shut off with no water coming out.

Per usual the corp is doing a slow draw for huntington. Found a couple 8 inch crappie about 100 yards or so down from the dam with jig.

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2022, 08:26 AM »
It appears the corp has started the slow drawdown of the Missy now. With no rain it will drop just an inch or two a day and will increase as more water is drawn out. The bite on the resi has been unreal for a couple months up in the river portion and i expect that will continue but the fish will follow the dropping water back toward the backup point. Right now the backup point is just upstream from the LaFountain car top launch.

chicagill34

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2022, 08:42 AM »
It looks like they did some changes or redesigned the layout on the Army Corp of Eng. site for the Wabash area.

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2022, 10:37 AM »
It sucks and they don't keep it updated as much.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.