FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A few Brown’s  (Read 1869 times)

fish wayniac

A few Brown’s
« on: Sep 08, 2019, 12:23 PM »
I got out Saturday morning trolling live shiners that I trapped . Water surface temperature was 68* . We were trolling 4 lines at various depths.We had 6 bites and 3 hook ups. Two were caught on lead- core and 1 came off a down rigger rod. We saw lots of marks on the fish finder that were mostly on bottom. They were tight lipped for us this outing . A 15” a fat 22” and a 12” made it in the boat then were released. Going to try again in a few weeks . 

TightLinesMaine

Re: A few Brown’s
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Man, that big twenty+ incher is fat! Congrats!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Nice fish, Wayne!  Good to see you back on the browns 8)

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Wow, nice fish. The waters are cooling down quick! I can’t wait to get back out after them again, I’ve been trolling with spoons, but there’s times wished I could go get some shiners during open water seasons.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fish wayniac

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2019, 05:21 PM »
Nice fish, Wayne!  Good to see you back on the browns 8)
Jim, It felt good to be back in a boat. I spent the previous 5 weeks fishing the coast. My last few outings have been week on the salt. Hard to catch bait and Stripers from shore.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2019, 07:04 PM »
You did well with the stripers also, but I enjoy seeing your browns....through the ice too  8)

I saw on another web site a post about a guy catching a 6 LB. plus sea run brown in 25 feet of salt water on a live mack somewhere in the mid-Coast.  Talk about the best of all worlds!

Jim, It felt good to be back in a boat. I spent the previous 5 weeks fishing the coast. My last few outings have been week on the salt. Hard to catch bait and Stripers from shore.

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2019, 03:57 PM »
Nice transition Wayne! 

You said it best...stripers from shore are difficult but the most rewarding...at least from my perspective.

fish wayniac

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2019, 07:56 PM »
You did well with the stripers also, but I enjoy seeing your browns....through the ice too  8)

I saw on another web site a post about a guy catching a 6 LB. plus sea run brown in 25 feet of salt water on a live mack somewhere in the mid-Coast.  Talk about the best of all worlds!

Hi Jim, This was the sea run Brown you mentioned. I saw the post on FB it was caught with a Mackerel chunk. He had a really cool video of the release . A beautiful fish .

fish wayniac

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2019, 07:59 PM »
I don’t use photobucket anymore so this isn’t a good quality pic.

franklin fisher

« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2019, 05:46 AM »
  Nice fish. Missed seeing those Browns. 

MarkNFish

« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Nice job.  That is a chunky brown!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.