FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Vincent trip  (Read 1629 times)

slabby1

Cape Vincent trip
« on: Jun 18, 2004, 01:15 PM »
I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow for week in Cape Vincent and wondering if
anyone had tips on what to take and what not to take,best place for bait or get
bait before I go.Not going after any thing special,just fish and catch&release.Any
thoughts,ideas,tips appreciated!Slabby1

bluegillking

Re: Cape Vincent trip
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2004, 01:21 PM »
there is a bait shop in clayton on rt 12. what to bring or buy-minnows, worms ,spikes and leeches.  ;)      bluegillking

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2004, 08:54 PM »
slabby1
I used to fish the cape and mud bay alot .Mud bay is only a few miles away from cape vincent.Martins Mariena has everything you are looking for Bait,gas,tackle and a boat launch.Mostly fished for smallmouths and northerns off Grenadeir and Fox Islands.Baits I use on smallies-panther martins#9,mepps#3gold and 3 inch tube baits (crayfish colors) For pike all you need is big mepps spinners and cover lots of water.Hope this helps and have a great trip! Bill
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

slabby1

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Thank you both gentlemen.I'm thinking FISH ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2004, 08:06 AM »
slabby1
I used to fish the cape and mud bay alot .Mud bay is only a few miles away from cape vincent.Martins Mariena has everything you are looking for Bait,gas,tackle and a boat launch.Mostly fished for smallmouths and northerns off Grenadeir and Fox Islands.Baits I use on smallies-panther martins#9,mepps#3gold and 3 inch tube baits (crayfish colors) For pike all you need is big mepps spinners and cover lots of water.Hope this helps and have a great trip! Bill

I used to fish this area alot also for bass, pike and eyes.  Great fishing for all three.  I fished mainly jigs and deepdiving cranks for bass and eyes.  Spinnerbaits and topwater for pike.  Have fun, good luck and take some pics of the big ones!! ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.