FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628303 times)

Dark Cloud

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1485 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:01 PM »
"cowbells, I need more cowbells", and pictures...  8)

Me in a blizzard caddis hatch. The fish responded well to winged wets swung close to the surface...

Way down river from you Chooch, about half way to the next town. We caught nothing this evening but I just enjoyed watchin dad work over the rift and the sun set...

MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1486 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Can they cure "Whirling Dervish" syndrome ???

I'm in!

Seriously though, where are you going?

RG

huh?

joshjj2010

« Reply #1487 on: Mar 29, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Nice hatch of fly there

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1488 on: Apr 07, 2013, 07:45 PM »
plan on looking  for  some  gills  so i  tied  up  a  few  bead  head scuds  ,natural  rabbit  size  12's ,these have  proven  to  be a effective  patteren  for  gills anywhere  , trout  on  9 mile  and  even  perch  on oneida  lake!  (ice  fishing ^5)
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #1489 on: Apr 11, 2013, 06:30 AM »
sitting  here  with a  foam  may  fly  wing  cutter  ......  this  is  new  for  me  but  it  should  be  fun  ....i  purchased  it  from all seasons  in pulaski ,  i  really like  that  store  and  the  people that work  there ....  i  also  like  the  fact that there prices are reasonable  and they  carry  what  we  need ..... 

any ways  my  plan  here  is  to  ty  up  some  foam  body and wing  mayflies  for  gill action  , i usually  tie  mayflies  catskill style reason i'm  breaking  from  tradtional  styling  is   after a  number  of  gills  bass  and what  ever pound a  fly it  starts  looking  pretty  bad  ,plus  i want a  high  floating  fly i  can  really  wiggle and  surface  skim  ..... i'll  try to  post  pics  later  and  results ;D

life is  good

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #1490 on: Apr 11, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Trapper....Looking forward to seeing the foam bluegill files when you get a few tied up.  I spent the winter tying up GurglePops which I have never used and am looking forward to trying.   I have always fished for gills with poppers during the spawn when they're really aggressive.  Can you get them to hit them surface flies before or after that?   

trapper2000

« Reply #1491 on: Apr 11, 2013, 01:39 PM »
i  catch  gills all summer  on top   ;D  you'll  have a  ball

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1492 on: Apr 20, 2013, 08:18 PM »
The kids are now 10 months old... and starting to sleep better. Which means Im starting to feel human again. So much so that I got out some fly tying gear...
Ordered up some "jig fly" hooks from Allen. They seem like awesome hooks. Whipped up a few nymphs and will tie some emerger and wet patterns with them...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1493 on: Apr 21, 2013, 04:31 PM »

Great minds eh?
 ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1494 on: Apr 21, 2013, 05:05 PM »

Great minds eh?
 ;D

RG

I have more hooks ordered, plus slotted beads, more tungsten beads, and some gloss green beads I found...  ;D ;D ;D
Biggest crappie I got on the flyrod last year came on a flymph tied on a jig head  ::)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1495 on: Apr 22, 2013, 01:47 AM »
Fun stuff Jay.
I was trailing mine behind a "Hoppercator" last year for bass and gills.

Very productive. Can't wait for things to warm up a bit.

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #1496 on: Apr 22, 2013, 04:20 AM »
when you  can  try  throwing  micky  fins  or  black  nose  daces  crappies  love  em!  nice   nymph jigs!

RG  i  got  a  few  gills  on foam  the  other  day then the  cold  front  came threw and  ended  that!

it's  coming  just  give  mother nature  time ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1497 on: Apr 22, 2013, 04:15 PM »
I bugged out of work early today and got a bit of trout fishin' in. Came home with 3  in ascending sizes from 12" >18". I love the new UL I built. I'd have taken the 2wt as well, but the streams are up and fast. The old hook and worm won out, although I did get several smaller stockies on rooster tails. Lost a couple of decent fish too. I gotta start taking my net :-\

I was a candidate for the giggler of the year. Dang lot of fun and what a way to break in the new stick.

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #1498 on: Apr 22, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Sounds like a Good day for you bud!!  ;) Always makes things a bit more special when your catching fish with something you put your heart into! Good job!! :thumbup_smilie:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1499 on: Apr 22, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Yes it is Larry. Very satisfying.

An ultra light spinning rod from a 2wt fly rod blank. Who'd of thunk it...besides a goofy Old Fart ;D

With any luck things will be slow tomorrow too and I'll have the 2wt out on my backyard stream for some gills. It's nice being able to get my crew out the door in the morning and cut out. As long as they've got a full day, I'm happy. These little lulls are all too infrequent and very welcome. We're moving into a new facility the end of the month. It's a nice expansion and will be a royal pain in the butt to complete. So....I'll take it while I can.

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.