FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CJ Strike Trout  (Read 2768 times)

Brentster7189

CJ Strike Trout
« on: Mar 11, 2011, 01:50 PM »
I've only been to CJ once, and didn't accomplish much since I didn't really know anything about it.  So is trout fishing productive from shore just about anywhere, or just mainly by the dam?  Any pointers without fearing you giving up your secrets would be welcome.  Looking to take the kids there and try it out.  Thanks!

Duck-Slayer

Re: CJ Strike Trout
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2011, 03:41 PM »
no fear here, catch all those slim rocks you can..... shore by the idaho power dam is good, at the south end of the narrows there is a trail that goes right down too where the narrows start f&g I think just put a dock in there last year I think, saw some being caught off the ramps at cottonwood campground, so that should get you a few fish... go get them, make room for more perch...
Matt

Iceflyer

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2011, 08:51 AM »
f&g I think just put a dock in there last year I think, saw some being caught off the ramps at cottonwood campground, so that should get you a few fish... go get them, make room for more perch...
Matt

That's a roger on the new dock (at the narrows anyways).  It's sweet too.  Only bad thing is they didn't improve parking very much so it's a still dirt road w/ limited parking spots.  I can imagine it getting crazy on a weekend down there.
Taking the path of least resistance makes both rivers and men...crooked.

Iceflyer

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2011, 09:02 AM »
My buddy took me bank fishing for trout at CJ a few years back...We arrived at 4:00 AM and fished till 9:00 AM.  Came home with 1/2 an ice chest full of trout.  Good meaty sizes to em.  We simply used powerbait, worms, and marshmallows.  We had a ball.  Because the brush cover was thick and the bank was a steep...maybe 8-10 feet down,  we stayed on the bank and reeled em up from there.

Give it a whirl and let me know how you do.

Iceflyer.
Taking the path of least resistance makes both rivers and men...crooked.

kozinkenny

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:02 AM »
We were at CJ in a boat. The wind was bad at times and calm at other times.  We nailed 4 total while trolling. Three were 18" to 19" and wieghed at 2 lbs. I caught a smaller one, tagged by IDFG. The tag was an orange 2" tube type on the dorsal fin.  Fishing was really slow but should pick upin the comming weeks.  I think we will try the ice one more time before Ice off. Weather permitting of course.
Good Fish'n, KozinKenny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.