FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: walleye time  (Read 2926 times)

Stellar AK

walleye time
« on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Heading to Twin Falls for a little work & thought I'd swing by Salmon Falls for a early spring try for wallys. I won't have a boat along so I'll be around the dam throwin anything and everything, who knows???

twodogs

Re: walleye time
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:55 PM »
You'll probably have more luck going on the upper end of the resivoir towards the backwaters where the water is warmer.
Good luck

fishslayerX

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2011, 07:43 AM »
get a six and eight in firetiger countdown rap try those they work early sometimes good luck .

Stellar AK

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2011, 09:16 AM »
In the past I've always had good luck drifting with a crawler harness, gold with red beads. From docks and from the shore I found that plain leeches were the best bait for sauger and walleyes. I'd like to find some in Idaho.[]

icehogger84

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Nice to hear from someone else who knows what a sauger is! Most fishing folks who haven't been back east haven't even heard of 'em. Raised in Indy and fished the wabash river as a kid, I've caught a few saugers in my younger days....

Hogger
You can learn from other mistakes or you can learn from experience. But experience is a cruel headmaster and WILL repeat the lesson until it is LEARNED!!!

twodogs

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2011, 07:30 PM »
Not positive but I don't think live bait other than worms are legal here(ie leeches)
Fished Salmon Dam for 7 hours today, tried everything, trolling Rapala,drifting and jigging, worm harnesses, wedding rings, spoons and not a single bite. It was tough, talked to one guy that had 1 -13" wallie. Saw a few bank fisherman with trout but not many. :-\

Duck-Slayer

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2011, 10:10 AM »
grew up fishing for walleye's and saug eye's...... you need too fish late in the evening into the night and very early in the morning, there is a reason they have those huge eye's on em' they are night feeders... they really don't see very well in the day time that's why they are not that active, especially this early in the year, give it a couple more weeks when the water warms alittle more.....
Matt

Stellar AK

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Spawning walleyes in the shallow water at night with a spot light is pretty cool to see, but don't keep the females!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.