FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Warm Winter Coming.....  (Read 5769 times)

Jamison1

Re: Warm Winter Coming.....
« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2015, 05:48 PM »
someone dropped the ball on this prediction!! lol

jacksmelt

« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2015, 06:22 PM »
you think! lol!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2015, 06:53 PM »
Lol not even close . I love old posts like this .

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2015, 07:08 PM »

Wow that map is totally wrong for the northeast lol

Jamison1

« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2015, 03:08 PM »
I was going to join anyways but then I saw this post and was like now I gotta join! lol can someone be right just once?! haha ???

44 Degrees North

« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Give up clamming, you have a future in meteorology. ;D
I guess looking back on that post you had better stick to clams and farming. Funny how things come back to bite ya.

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 19, 2015, 12:02 PM »
I guess looking back on that post you had better stick to clams and farming. Funny how things come back to bite ya.

Lol

deerhunter

« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2015, 07:13 PM »
howed that work out , clammie?

Mr.Harry

« Reply #23 on: Apr 20, 2015, 11:43 AM »
The Almanac was WAYyyy off for this last winter. No snow in January and February, was the prediction.

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #24 on: Apr 21, 2015, 06:42 PM »

NO Bite. We got smacked here in the NE, due to consistent jet stream. Most of the rest of the  US and the planet were above average.

I know you guys won’t bother to read the data, so here it is.... ;D  

It’s easy to point at stuff you prefer, until you read the data. I DARE ya!

Quote from: GasBlaster on Apr 18, 2015, 11:48 AM
How about 1850s 1750s and before that . all warmer then now  ?  What were we doing back then to heat it up . the world is millions of years old . you can't just compare to the last 50 years and cry disaster .  I have browsed your Facebook page and its clear there is no hope for you . left wing nut job coolade drinker . other then the politics you seem to be a cool guy so let's just leave politics out of our relationship and talk fishing

Fortunately or unfortunately, I HAVE to go by data to form a buttressed opinion. I DO NOT start with opinion and look for stuff to back it up. Just like catching as opposed to fishing.  ;D :icefish:

I happen to believe in science and verifying the data. Nearly all the denier stuff comes from limited sources, is largely debunked yet still pointed to because they know YOU don’t know it has been debunked.

For example: "The test in science is whether findings can be replicated using different data and methods. More than two dozen reconstructions, using various statistical methods and combinations of proxy records, have supported the broad consensus shown in the original 1998 hockey-stick graph, with variations in how flat the pre-20th century "shaft" appears.[1] The 2007 IPCC Fourth Assessment Report cited 14 reconstructions, 10 of which covered 1,000 years or longer, to support its strengthened conclusion that it was likely that Northern Hemisphere temperatures during the 20th century were the highest in at least the past 1,300 years.[16]”  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record_of_the_past_1000_years

This is one of my favs  ;) http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0730/Prominent-climate-change-denier-now-admits-he-was-wrong-video
"“Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.”  

And:
"Numerical experiments have been carried out with a two-dimensional sector averaged global climate model with a detailed radiative scheme in order to assess the possible impact of solar and volcanic activities on the Earth’s surface temperature at the secular time scale from 1700 to 1992. Our results indicate that while the general trend of the observed temperature variations on the century time scale can be generated in response to both the solar and volcanic forcings, these are clearly not sufficient to explain the observed 20th century warming and more specifically the warming trend which started at the beginning of the 1970s. However, the lack of volcanism during the period 1925–1960 could account, at least partly, for the observed warming trend in this period. Finally, while Schlesinger and Ramankutty (1994) assumed that random forcing could not be a possible source of the 65–70 year oscillation they detected in the global climate system, our results indicate that the volcanic forcing over the past 150 years could have introduced an oscillation of around 70 years in the Earth’s surface temperature.” http://www.fs.usda.gov/ccrc/library/biblio/1849

And:
“Conclusion: If no other large sources of carbon emissions exist or occur in the future, the peaking of crude oil, natural gas, coal and deforestation/non-fossil-fuels emissions (due to the peaking of population growth) will keep carbon emissions from rising to extremely high values, barring massive releases of methane from the ocean and arctic permafrost (see Appendix 3) or other unknown slow or future-triggered positive-feedback mechanisms. The resulting peak of CO2 concentration will occur at about 2100 at about 450 ppmv with a leveling off at about 380 ppmv for the next several hundred years or so.”
http://www.roperld.com/science/GlobalWarmingPrediction.htm

Reality is not politics until someone don’t like it. Yeah, Let’s stick to fishing.  ;D :thumbsup: ;)2

\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #25 on: Apr 21, 2015, 06:48 PM »
A Great Quote! : Go vote for Hillery and leave me alone . PIN HEADED LIBERAL MORON ..

Is a PIN HEADED MORON more likely to have a studied background for an opinion or to resort to name calling.  :-\ 8) ;D  :w00t: :rotflol:

See if you can reply with peer reviewed published scientific study. Fact check it before you post it.  :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

NO PICS = NO FISH  ;)
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

44 Degrees North

« Reply #26 on: Apr 22, 2015, 12:39 AM »
Easssy. Didn't mean to step on anybodies toes. Just having a little fun. My apologies. 44

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 22, 2015, 05:34 AM »

Yep caused by man your right .

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!

Wolley

• makin it happen
« Reply #29 on: Apr 22, 2015, 11:19 AM »
looking back at last winter now i would say it was average except for February's snow fall.

December was above normal for temps. The ice really didnt setup good until the 1st of the year

January was cold, but not much snow.

Wake up America! www.infowars.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.