FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481019 times)

Jakep138

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2265 on: Jul 12, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Let me know if there is open seat sometime for a salmon excursion Scott . Like to get my fix in once a year on them ..
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

Waterproof Wick

« Reply #2266 on: Jul 12, 2016, 12:33 PM »
 so after a search they appear to be round worms , the fish were caught in 35 ft on the north east end ( jewell )  I switched  spots  this mourning (went south west ) the fish were fine , nothing abnormal . Kind of sketchy finding that amount of worms on different trips over there

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2267 on: Jul 12, 2016, 01:53 PM »
so after a search they appear to be round worms , the fish were caught in 35 ft on the north east end ( jewell )  I switched  spots  this mourning (went south west ) the fish were fine , nothing abnormal . Kind of sketchy finding that amount of worms on different trips over there

So just fry the fellits a little longer..... ;D ;D ;D
Welcome to the site and thanks for the info..  I thought the only round worms were the ones I use to get in me when I use to milk cows..    :P :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nematode
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2268 on: Jul 12, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Let me know if there is open seat sometime for a salmon excursion Scott . Like to get my fix in once a year on them ..

Anytime, let me know...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2269 on: Jul 12, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Nice reports and pics everyone!
Nice job findin em

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2270 on: Jul 13, 2016, 07:05 AM »
havn't had any time to fish this summer ! work, work, work !!! gotta make the donuts when you can ;D.
the only thing that is keeping me sane is reading your reports. thanks ;D ;D ;D.   Sully...

Chowdaire

« Reply #2271 on: Jul 13, 2016, 07:20 AM »
Yeah. Great reports and awesome pics,guys!

Love the muskies. What a beautiful fish. Never caught one but hopefully will get to give it a try this summer.

I've been out on the big O 6 times now after kings. Boated fish the first 5 then got the old skunk on trip #6. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get trip #7 in this weekend. If not, it sounds like the walleye bite is picking up on Oneida.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2272 on: Jul 13, 2016, 04:52 PM »
Congrats , sounds like a great time any pics ?

Chowdaire

« Reply #2273 on: Jul 13, 2016, 05:04 PM »
Just got back from fishing with reel excitement out of Pt Breeze. Four of us boated 17 kings and three steelies this mornng. The best three went a little over 62 pounds and were good enough for third place in an 18 boat tourny we were in. Crazy number of fish. Big fish for us was 22lbs. Missed first by only couple pounds.

Guess this report is about your day then? I love the At The Oak videos he does. My first 3 days out for salmon were out of there because of these reports. Great fishing. Hopefully there's better numbers over our way this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=613272862172248

reeleyz

« Reply #2274 on: Jul 13, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Wow, there is a ton of info in that report Chowdaire.

reeleyz

« Reply #2275 on: Jul 14, 2016, 07:04 AM »
I guess Cornell is saying that, according to the creel survey, the walleye catch rate is about 25% of what it was last year so far.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2276 on: Jul 14, 2016, 07:55 AM »

I was surveyed last week at Godfrey , I think 25% is a little light , I'm curios where all the 17.5 - 19.5 fish are , at least I'm not seeing hardly any , my keepers run 15-16.5 or they are over 20 , how about your fish  Bruce ?

reeleyz

« Reply #2277 on: Jul 14, 2016, 08:23 AM »
I agree Fred. it seems like the majority of keepers are just over 15".

Chowdaire

« Reply #2278 on: Jul 14, 2016, 08:57 AM »
That is an amazing report, isn't it, Bruce? Everything you need to know to head out there and catch fish.

On Father's Day when I got into some eyes up in the canal they were all 17.5-19.5" so maybe that's where they all went?

Kidding, of course, but they were all that size.

I plan to do a midday run on Oneida on Saturday. Probably try to find some eyes hiding in the weeds.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2279 on: Jul 14, 2016, 09:10 AM »
The good thing about not catching many eyes is that I don't have any data...the 4 I did catch with my dad on father's day weekend we're all in the 16-19" range though...I have caught a few short but that has been expected for me...to see all the regulars who always catch fish struggling is definitely eye opening...fishing is always cyclic so hopefully this cycle has little impact...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.