FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481001 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2700 on: Oct 06, 2016, 09:17 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Jake! Nice job on the perch man!
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #2701 on: Oct 06, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Thanks for the reminder jake but I'll be missing this 1 , maybe next week

Jakep138

« Reply #2702 on: Oct 06, 2016, 01:14 PM »
No prob bud . Don't think your missing out on much action ..
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2703 on: Oct 06, 2016, 01:29 PM »
got back out this a.m. for a couple hours. ended up with 17 nice perch, 4 huge small mouth, and 2 slime darts. the small mouth were pushing 6lbs a piece !!! the fall bite is starting to pick up a little ;D. water temp. was 64.   Sully...

filetandrelease

« Reply #2704 on: Oct 06, 2016, 01:35 PM »

Well done sully , and you were bee free  ;)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #2705 on: Oct 08, 2016, 07:48 AM »
Yo Guys and gals,
This is a copy of my stand alone. new topic, but I felt it best to also place it on the Oneida thread

This my friends is a tale of two times. The best of times, the worst of times. Also a lesson of greed.  As most know, Oneida has a perch limit of 50 perch.  You should know I got out on Oneida at the East end a little late, but was in the water  and dropped my first line in the water by 9:30.  Alas, all was not lost. I started smacking jumbo perch right off the bat. Eleven, twelve and even 13 inch perch.  Ah,  yes the best of times. I'm actually catching (2) 12 inchers at a time. By 11 o'clock I had actually accumulated 27 huge monsters, none less than eleven inches.   Assuming this frenzied bite to continue, I started throwing some of my 10 inchers back knowing surely I could keep my limit of larger 12"s and 13"s should my luck continue.
     Now, for "The Worst of Times" It seems the perch have a built-in time clock.  At 11:00 as fast as the frenzied bite had started, it ended. In short, I spent the next 4 hours trying to get back  "the bite". You can probably guess  where this story is going, right?  In the next 4 hours I only added 4 more keepers, the largest was 9 inches, lamenting all those 10 inchers I threw back in the morning.  LESSON LEARNED. A fish in the boat is worth ten in the water.

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #2706 on: Oct 08, 2016, 09:01 AM »
Yo Guys and gals,
This is a copy of my stand alone. new topic, but I felt it best to also cplace it on the Oneida thread

Well Boggey - that is very considerate (not at all "greedy") of you.  You left some nice perch for another day - maybe this winter, through the ice, I can find those 10 incers you let go.    :D :w00t:
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

filetandrelease

« Reply #2707 on: Oct 08, 2016, 09:07 AM »

Dam Boggy save a few for the ice fishermen  😉
Nice haul bud

mcully

« Reply #2708 on: Oct 08, 2016, 02:22 PM »
It died late morning for me yesterday along w the breeze but put the electric on low and made enough circles through a good spot to end w over 40 11-13s and what a great day to be on the lake even if none bit. Look forward to going a few more times before ice. Fatheads did the damage. Tried blades but no luck. East end as well

filetandrelease

« Reply #2709 on: Oct 08, 2016, 06:04 PM »

Well done Mcully

zehc

« Reply #2710 on: Oct 10, 2016, 06:54 AM »
Flew solo this am and limited out on true jumbos early . Perch bite is on fire .

WOW!!!!!! n that's a great day of PERCH FISHING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #2711 on: Oct 11, 2016, 07:57 AM »
If I were to give the perch a try, what kind of depth should I focus on?  Thanks for any advise.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2712 on: Oct 11, 2016, 05:00 PM »
If I were to give the perch a try, what kind of depth should I focus on?  Thanks for any advise.
Depends where on the lake you would like to focus. West end look from 8 Fow to 14-15. North shore 12-35 along drop offs and on flats in between drop offs, and along most of the shoals and islands where ever there are Gobies there will be perch eating them, but they will be fat and happy..... and spread out.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #2713 on: Oct 11, 2016, 06:16 PM »
If I were to give the perch a try, what kind of depth should I focus on?  Thanks for any advise.

Yo John,

I thought you were going to launch out of Godfry this morning. Jperch and I got there about 8:10. We got the last of Rob's fatheads , 2 scoops. No problem, that was enough to fill our pail and Eddy's cooler (still in my boat). We fished the East end again and it was not only cool and foggy this morning, but lonely as well. We didn't get any company till after 10:00. We slaughtered them  Jumbo's all.  93 when we counted them. Spent the rest of the day bottom bouncing for eyes. no luck, no hits. Jperch brought roast beef sandwiches YUM.  I PMed you the location and depth bud. I don't do pictures but jperch may post a picture before he cleans them.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2714 on: Oct 12, 2016, 11:59 AM »
got out this a.m. for a couple hours. ended up with 23 nice perch. the bite seems to be gatting stronger by the day. water temp. was 57.   sully...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.