FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480742 times)

fishshack

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2865 on: Nov 01, 2016, 05:36 PM »
A bud of mine found something at Godfrey last Friday , so describe the item and it shall be returned , just PM me
.     If it was a sack of money I lost it!!   :o :o

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #2866 on: Nov 01, 2016, 05:55 PM »
We played hooky yesterday and hit the lake. The water temp was in the 40's. We boated 10 smallies that were absolute pigs, four slime darts and one really hungry elephant perch. Hit depths from 4-20 FOW. Not one walleye? One of the fish i Lost felt  like an eye but i will never know? We were throwing the tacklebox at em' all day....better than work! Love them bass to play with

filetandrelease

« Reply #2867 on: Nov 01, 2016, 06:01 PM »

Lol , well sounds like a good day to me  , no skunk off needed

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #2868 on: Nov 02, 2016, 07:55 AM »
Noticed the lake level myself Sully. did someone forget to shut down the dam or do we have another rain event coming? Does anyone know when the channel markers are coming out?

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2869 on: Nov 02, 2016, 09:38 AM »
both tug boats are tied up at the wall in brewerton now. I think they are waiting for a barge, and the water is still dropping.   Sully...

reeleyz

« Reply #2870 on: Nov 02, 2016, 12:01 PM »
The water was the highest it had been all year last week. They normally drop it now anyway.

http://www.canals.ny.gov/waterlevels/netdata/oneida-levels.pdf

eyedoctor

« Reply #2871 on: Nov 05, 2016, 09:47 PM »
Are the docks still at south shore boat launch?

scout57

« Reply #2872 on: Nov 06, 2016, 04:18 AM »
Are the docks still at south shore boat launch?
no....
they were pulled a couple weeks ago

eyedoctor

« Reply #2873 on: Nov 06, 2016, 12:21 PM »
Ok,  thanks scout for the heads up.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2874 on: Nov 08, 2016, 07:02 PM »
holy shad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there everywhere !!! could'nt keep them off the trebles. no fish, not even a pickeral.   Sully...

greenhornet73

« Reply #2875 on: Nov 08, 2016, 08:00 PM »
The shad schools have been out of control for 2 weeks now but I haven't seen any feeding fish during either of my 2 trips even while the wind was blowing in my face with the bait pushed right up against the shore.  Will probably give it one more shot before I wait for hopefully a better ice bite.

Dug1898

« Reply #2876 on: Nov 09, 2016, 07:25 AM »
I remember several times seeing dead shad floating under the 1st ice freeze years ago. 4"s of hard clear ice on a really cold calm night should knock the shad population down. Hopefully, that should help the ice bite for you guys. It's tough to fool Mother Nature when she provides lots of food for the fish...gobies, shad, buckeyes, perch, panfish...they all eat each other...Big fish eat little fish...AND THEY ALL MUST BE FULL...if guys like Sully, Filet, Coach, KP and all you other local guys are having a hard time finding a good bite.
         ><{{{{{{{*>      ><{{{;>    ><{{*>   ><*>   ><'>    
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2877 on: Nov 09, 2016, 08:02 AM »
Well Dug it's been really tough for me and the Coach , but I'm not giving up until my line freezes , I just really enjoy shore fishing
   And your correct there is a ton of food this year , so they should be nice and plump come hard water 🕳🎣👍

mcully

« Reply #2878 on: Nov 09, 2016, 08:43 AM »
Well Dug it's been really tough for me and the Coach , but I'm not giving up until my line freezes , I just really enjoy shore fishing
   And your correct there is a ton of food this year , so they should be nice and plump come hard water 🕳🎣👍
Are you even hearing them popping all of that food though? We haven't. have they learned to just cruise the bottom and suck up gobies?? Burning lots of gas trying but what a tough fall this has been eye wise.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2879 on: Nov 09, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Are you even hearing them popping all of that food though? We haven't. have they learned to just cruise the bottom and suck up gobies?? Burning lots of gas trying but what a tough fall this has been eye wise.
I haven't heard any popping in a while and when I did they were out beyound casting distance , the fish that did have bait in them was shad

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.