FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481361 times)

KingPerch

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #9855 on: Apr 05, 2023, 08:07 PM »
you have to understand   the  nations want to be arrested  to go to  court and   prove they have  fishing  rights   due to a  treaty .....the  state  knows this thats  why they stood down
They have fishing and hunting rights, just like we do, we obey all fishing/hunting regulations…. They should too. Our system doesn’t have a backbone left to put laws in place and stick to them. Pretty sad actually…..
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

reeleyz

« Reply #9856 on: Apr 06, 2023, 05:33 AM »
Thanks, reeleyz  gonna have to take a ride up  If it's posted I'll be disappointed for sure, but there won't be any poaching either!

It looks like the parking lot is open during the day. There is limited parking but that's better than nothing!

iceman260

« Reply #9857 on: Apr 06, 2023, 07:19 AM »
Good work keeping us posted guys would like to ride up and see the hatchery in action, first it was covid then poaching. Hope I can make it this year.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9858 on: Apr 06, 2023, 07:19 AM »
They have fishing and hunting rights, just like we do, we obey all fishing/hunting regulations…. They should too. Our system doesn’t have a backbone left to put laws in place and stick to them. Pretty sad actually…..

sorry  KP   i have  to disagree  if you have  a   valid  ratified  treatie  signed  by the  US government   i think it  gives you  rights!  it's a legal  binding  document ....my opinion  these  people  WANT  to  show  civil  disobbedence be  arrested  and  take this to  court ......  i  personally believe the state is  scared of that .... i believe  this matter  will be  handled  and  people  will be  paid  to  make  a  different agreement ......  thats  my  personal  belief  and opinion on whats going to happen  this same  fight is  going on all over the  country ....by the way i really don't want anyone  spearing walleyes  either 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #9859 on: Apr 06, 2023, 07:21 AM »
iceman it is  really neat to see  so is the salmon hatchery

62 & Done

« Reply #9860 on: Apr 06, 2023, 06:31 PM »
There is really one simple way to stop the spearing. Posted Signs  Do not let any one within 30' of the stream and that will stop it. No treaty allows them to trespass. Now before we all go crazy, I don't want to see it either. I would hate it but that will stop it.  If they are allowed to continue this practice it will not stop. They will be at other waters, taking other species, hunting god knows what, it won't stop.

And that's my 2 cents

oneida1

« Reply #9861 on: Apr 06, 2023, 07:40 PM »
A buddy of my drove by today says there are more posted signs up then he ever seen, and barricades,

reeleyz

« Reply #9862 on: Apr 07, 2023, 05:26 AM »
A buddy of my drove by today says there are more posted signs up then he ever seen, and barricades,

I beleive they are all no parking signs and no fishing signs. At least they were 2 days ago.

I agree 100% 62.

The DEC has been diligent so far. People are getting to tour the hatchery and it is business as usual.

KingPerch

« Reply #9863 on: Apr 07, 2023, 05:42 AM »
sorry  KP   i have  to disagree  if you have  a   valid  ratified  treatie  signed  by the  US government   i think it  gives you  rights!  it's a legal  binding  document ....my opinion  these  people  WANT  to  show  civil  disobbedence be  arrested  and  take this to  court ......  i  personally believe the state is  scared of that .... i believe  this matter  will be  handled  and  people  will be  paid  to  make  a  different agreement ......  thats  my  personal  belief  and opinion on whats going to happen  this same  fight is  going on all over the  country ....by the way i really don't want anyone  spearing walleyes  either
Ill clarify by what I meant in my post… I didn’t mean they/anyone have rights to spear walleye. If they want to hunt or fish, they should be following the same rules and regulations as we all do. Of course, somebody always wants to bend the rules. If they/we do, we should be held accountable!!

trapper2000

« Reply #9864 on: Apr 07, 2023, 09:17 AM »
you miss understand   me  kp  i think the  whole reason these   men   speared the walleyes  was  not for the  fish at all ,it was to get arrested and  to go to  court ....i  believe this is what they want ....i believe the  state  backed  down  because they do  not want this in  court ........  again this is  my opinion  ...i personally   have  no idea what that   treatie says  but  it looks  to me like the state of  new york wants to avoid this .

and i don't want to see walleyes  speared  either how ever  i  do not know if they have  legal rights to do so ....what if they  do?

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #9865 on: Apr 07, 2023, 09:35 AM »
In my opinion the Six Nations looked back at what happened decades ago in Wisconsin & want to set a legal precedent to be entitled to do exactly the same. Look up Wisconsin walleye wars. It got ugly there & ultimately the state allowed them to take a certain percentage of the annual walleye harvest.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9866 on: Apr 07, 2023, 11:32 AM »

Won’t Be to long  to see how all this drama will play out

cnypanfisher

« Reply #9867 on: Apr 07, 2023, 05:52 PM »
My buckeyes aren't coming around yet, I need bait, going to put the little boat in for the rest of April. Need to get A flat of worms next week, any good deals about?

Flukeman

« Reply #9868 on: Apr 08, 2023, 09:43 AM »
The cheapest I have seen is .22 a piece at Walmart. Usually around me the Amish have them pretty cheap. But have not seen any signs yet.

KingPerch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.