FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yet another day at the Chu, part 2  (Read 3369 times)

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
Yet another day at the Chu, part 2
« on: Apr 23, 2010, 11:01 PM »
A few of us got together at the Chu today for a some fun and fishing.  Sure we fished all day but the laughs just kept coming.  John, Dick, and Don arrived early.  Butch and I arrived mid morning.  Don hit first with a really nice laker.  Butch followed that one up and then Dick added one to the stringer.  John had to leave early to take care of some business.  I had one run late in the afternoon but came up short.  Butch, Dick and Don had some other runs but but we couldn't get them to shore.   I left around 5:30 for a previous commitment.  The wind wouldn't quit and the clouds moved in and out all day long.  I didn't catch anything but I did manage to drown a few shiners.  John left before we took the group pics, guess we'll just have to imagine his smiling face of him imaging that he caught the biggest fish.  John, I think Don caught that one with a crawfish and cranberries.  Way to go, Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not sure why I didn't end up with a picture of Butch's fish. 

Hey guys, sorry I didn't get around to posting the pics earlier.  Kathy and I headed over to our friends house for a campfire gathering with pizza and beer. We had the pizza and were having a couple beers when Kathy tripped on a step and broke her foot.  We spent the last couple hours in the emergency room and she has a temporary cast.  We have to follow up with the orthodedist on Monday.  She is pretty uncomfortable this evening but the meds are kicking in.   Crazy end to a wonderful day. 

If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

lavaman

Re: Yet another day at the Chu, part 2
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2010, 03:07 AM »
nice group pic. i think i can see jdip in the background on the other side of the lake in his camo. that's a nice fish Don. i bet the belly was full of smelt. looks like everyone had a good time. sorry about your wife jigger. thanks for making me more depressed. hope to make it out there one day during the week if anyone is up for it. pm me

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2010, 07:05 AM »
nice group pic. i think i can see jdip in the background on the other side of the lake in his camo. that's a nice fish Don. i bet the belly was full of smelt. looks like everyone had a good time. sorry about your wife jigger. thanks for making me more depressed. hope to make it out there one day during the week if anyone is up for it. pm me

Kevin, it was my wife who fell. (Stealth's)   Boy is Dick going to be mad when he finds out he has two wives to support.  There goes all of his fishing equipment money. 
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

Dana

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2010, 07:24 AM »
Looked like a lot of fun! I'm sorry to hear about Kathy's foot. Take good care of her. A couple of days ago, my Friend broke his foot. He's going to have a tough time on the boat striper fishing.
Glenn, get the net!

JDiperrio

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Great Pics Jim. Sorry to hear that about Kathy. Hope she recovers quick.
John

drl823

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Well gents we had a great day too bad yours ended up lousy with Kathy's foot Jim, hope she recovers quick. Even though the fishing was somewhat slow, the laughs kept us going my side was hurting from laughing so much. We managed to have a great time even with the wind and donating some terminal tackle to the underwater rock gods and not to forget a "rod"............Dick thanks you for the back up Butch!!!! John it was nice meeting you, too bad you couldn't have stayed but priorities come first, we will fish again I'm sure. I'm back on my weekend shift  :( but looking forward to more great times with great friends.

Don   

unoman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2010, 02:43 PM »
nice fish guys....keep up the good work....K

lavaman

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Kevin, it was my wife who fell. (Stealth's)   Boy is Dick going to be mad when he finds out he has two wives to support.  There goes all of his fishing equipment money. 

oops my bad. dick has 2 wives. his regular wife and art ;D

drl823

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2010, 06:16 AM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Jim sorry to here about Kathy,guess we won't be seeing you for awhile, hope she is up and around soon don't want to mess with the Maine trip. Good luck DOC.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Nice write up Jim. How is my second wife today. she sounded like she was taking it in stride yesterday. She is a trooper. Your a lucky guy even though you'll have to do all the house work and shopping for a few weeks. ;D ;D ;D
Please give that doll a kiss for me and wish her a quick recovery for me. maybe i'll do it this afternoon. Butch two and i are heading out to New Salem Scouting turkey for tomorrow. I'll call when w are on the wayt to see how things are going.

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
« Reply #11 on: Apr 25, 2010, 03:05 PM »
All I have to say Kevin is  Be Nice ya got it Wife huh Am I missing something here I've been called a Bas$$$$ be for but Bi$$$ naw :nono: :nono: Be Carefull you. ;D ;D ;D

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #12 on: Apr 25, 2010, 07:09 PM »
what a motley crew...nice fish though

sorry to her about kathy..did all the beer ahve anything to do with the trip/fall...hmmmm

u tear into that bottle of buca' u found...hmmmm

burp

lenz
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

lavaman

« Reply #13 on: Apr 25, 2010, 10:35 PM »
All I have to say Kevin is  Be Nice ya got it Wife huh Am I missing something here I've been called a Bas$$$$ be for but Bi$$$ naw :nono: :nono: Be Carefull you. ;D ;D ;D

art all in fun. i will respect your wishes as long as i can see "the art of fly fishing show". don says it's a show that can't be missed.

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
« Reply #14 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:16 AM »
Kevin I'M only kidding and Jiggy couldn't afford to support me lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.