FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout on the Shawsheen,but no second turkey yet. 5/7  (Read 3837 times)

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: Trout on the Shawsheen,but no second turkey yet. 5/7
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Sounds like a plan dick, let me know, might hit the quabbin for the sunday outing with you guys, is there any room left.

Actually I'll be in Conn. on the 16th.
There will be later trips I'll be going with yours truly. We'll keep you posted.
I don't know if Jdip is going on the 16th. You can check with him and Art as to what the plans are for that day.

ma_fisherman

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 11:40 PM »
I tried fishing the shawsheen up at the knights of columbus in tewksbury a few wks ago....it was the morning after they had stocked it but i didn't even see a single trout and others were there with no luck. This was a spot i had kept tabs on and i kept checking and talking to people up there to see when it was stocked...then finally i get word it's stocked but nothing.  I tried floating some dillies with the current and nothing.  My questions are 1) do the fish usually scatter downstream to more remote areas of the river so quickly after being stocked or is it possible that these recently stocked trout are not hitting so soon after being dumped into the river. I know when they stock ponds the trout will hit immediately after being dropped in but is there adjustment time for trout being stocked into a river.  Anyone with ideas??? advice for next time??

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 04:32 PM »
I tried fishing the shawsheen up at the knights of columbus in tewksbury a few wks ago....it was the morning after they had stocked it but i didn't even see a single trout and others were there with no luck. This was a spot i had kept tabs on and i kept checking and talking to people up there to see when it was stocked...then finally i get word it's stocked but nothing.  I tried floating some dillies with the current and nothing.  My questions are 1) do the fish usually scatter downstream to more remote areas of the river so quickly after being stocked or is it possible that these recently stocked trout are not hitting so soon after being dumped into the river. I know when they stock ponds the trout will hit immediately after being dropped in but is there adjustment time for trout being stocked into a river.  Anyone with ideas??? advice for next time??
Generally I wait a day or so but they wil hit a couple of hours after stocking. Alot of fish do scatter up and down stream but enough of them do hang where they were stocked. I'll pm you.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 04:56 PM »
Arts Post

Get well soon will ya what are you doing up there????? running around naked lol Rest and More Rest.Don DBl just called and he has Ammonia I don't know about you guys,and Jiggy well he's. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:.I bet he has at Least 60 hours log in hunting and 100.00 in gas,I give him for his time 10.00 an hour that fair 600.00 + 100.00=700.00 for a turkey hum I want a piece of that bird .I never tasted a 700.00 turkey.

Jiggers response

I give you the bird everyday ;D ;D ;D

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Arts Post

Get well soon will ya what are you doing up there????? running around naked lol Rest and More Rest.Don DBl just called and he has Ammonia I don't know about you guys,and Jiggy well he's. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:.I bet he has at Least 60 hours log in hunting and 100.00 in gas,I give him for his time 10.00 an hour that fair 600.00 + 100.00=700.00 for a turkey hum I want a piece of that bird .I never tasted a 700.00 turkey.

Jiggers response

I give you the bird everyday ;D ;D ;D
Thankyou thankyou

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Generally I wait a day or so but they wil hit a couple of hours after stocking. Alot of fish do scatter up and down stream but enough of them do hang where they were stocked. I'll pm you.
you go to tell him about the gill net you use. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 08:56 PM »
you go to tell him about the gill net you use. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Woof woof ;D ;D  And that's not Donovan

JDiperrio

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 10:02 PM »
lets see the picture of your second bird Dick. This time it wasnt from th BigY guys
John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.