FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: troutin  (Read 1510 times)

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
troutin
« on: Mar 26, 2013, 11:49 AM »
Got out for a few hrs this morning with my best bud..bite was slow managed two.Both fish male holdovas dumping sperm on my leg the whole time  :-\ but nice fish.Wierd thing about this year is all I'm catching is holdovas I'm not complaining but havnt caught a stocker yet this year....couple pics enjoy.

And my bud

Baitbucket

Re: troutin
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Nice man! U getting them on a fly rod or just using a spinning rod w/rooster tails?

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:02 PM »
I got a few lures last week and all the rest on powerbait.Strange dont usally get holdovas on powerbait??

trout stalker

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:10 PM »
looks like south pond.......if it is they stocked the snots out of it last week, i know trout hold over there but just curious as to what tells you they are holdovers????

Baitbucket

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:11 PM »
looks like south pond.......if it is they stocked the snots out of it last week, i know trout hold over there but just curious as to what tells you they are holdovers????

Color and size.

I got a few lures last week and all the rest on powerbait.Strange dont usally get holdovas on powerbait??

Ive got plenty of holdovers on powerbait. Stuff seems to work great.
I never use it unless I plan on keeping them tho. They got a nasty habit of inhaling the stuff.

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Ive got plenty of holdovers on powerbait. Stuff seems to work great.
I never use it unless I plan on keeping them tho. They got a nasty habit of inhaling the stuff.
yup they do ...I've been using lil circle hooks and what a differance its makin on hook ups only had 1 so far swallow the rest popped right out .

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:18 PM »
[/quotethe stockers are much brighter lookun,the bottoms are usally white on the stockers.And I fished here before they stocked last week and I was hittin em pretty good.the bottoms of these are a greyish color kinda like the bottom of a smallie.this is one from before they stocked.

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:21 PM »
Before the stock a few weeks ago.

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:22 PM »
This is a stocker.

trout stalker

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:32 PM »
i got ya i only ask because a buddy of mine argues with me all the time about holdovers cause we fish quite a few places where they hold but also gets stocked heavy i always said the same thing darker belly but he claims holdovers are the ones that turn almost silver due to lack of feed versus in hatchery with pellets of litterally caught rainbows that were so dark they were black but ive also seen the ones hes talking about that are colorless and wicked skinny

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Not sure what's goin on but my pics are  disappearing on my end ???srry if there is any double posts ...site us acting strange.

88fishing

« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2013, 02:28 PM »
Try throwing a medium shinner out there no waight on 6lb test got a couple 2+lb bows last year one rod powerbait one live lining a shinner and you never know whats ganna hit the shinner!

striper50trout

• Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2013, 02:29 PM »
Nice trout

McJake

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Nice job pikedaddy and best bud.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:59 PM »
Nice fish. Just started to work a little trouting in myself between trips on the ice.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.