FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout lures  (Read 1733 times)

xjbob99

Trout lures
« on: Apr 09, 2013, 01:38 PM »
Hey guys,

Been going out pretty much everyday after work in the boat. This is my first boat and first time trolling for trout and ive been getting a bunch. Just wondering what are you guys favorite trolling lures. The lure ive had the most luck with has been the Thomas Buoyant red/gold, also getting them on colorados. only a few on the silver rapala minnow. ive tried spinners and have gotten nothing. Im just curious what other lures work well with trout and what you guys use?

thanks,

Hillbilly75

Re: Trout lures
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Have had good luck in this part of the country with trolling cowbells by Luhr Jensen tipped with nightcrawler.
Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

sst4life

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:49 PM »
What speed you trolling at. Spinners are really effective during a slow troll and they are all I use.
I play with my rod TWO HANDED !!!!!

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:19 PM »
I catch alot of browns on brown trout colored lures. I use small rapalas like the ultra lite sinking minnow. Gold and silver have they're goo days too, but I always have a brown or rainbow colored lure to tie on. Spoons, small to medium sized stickbaits and spinners will all catch fish, trolling or casting. K.o wobbler makes a great spoon in all colors and sizes.
done dirt cheap!

TroutTroller

• Lund wc-14 3.5 horse merc...beats any day at work
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:52 PM »
#9 rapala color choice depends on water clarity. Black n gold is the best. only broken back or like they call them "jointed". Also I use flicker shad's . The key to the rapala is let out 100 ft. of line that gets you down to the typical 10-12 ft strike zone at this time of year.

McJake

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2013, 06:52 PM »
Rapala Countdown Minnows CD5

The key to the rapala is let out 100 ft. of line that gets you down to the typical 10-12 ft strike zone at this time of year.

x2

yellowdog4me

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2013, 08:09 PM »
copper colored super dupers
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. Black fish, blue fish, old fish, new fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are." Dr. Seuss

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Colorados Gold and Silver for Bows, Browns, And Brooks. Krocodile for the lakers. Gold with the orange stripe or Chartruce with the red spots.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

KopperKlad

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2013, 05:07 PM »
This time of year I only use streamers mainly a Cnopache, Maynards Marvel or Killer Ghost. Trolled with floating and sinking flylines.

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2013, 09:45 AM »
My dad always liked mooseluk wobblers ( spelling?) For trolling. They must work good, I have hundreds of them in his gear. I haven't trolled in 20 years and probably won't again. I see a yard sale happening.

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

Thun

« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2013, 08:13 AM »
You're Dad is a wise man!

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2013, 10:15 AM »
You're Dad is a wise man!
If you mean my pop? He was a wise man :-( He used to paint them, put different color and pattern sparkle sticky paper etc. Many many different combinations of colors and reflective paper.

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.