FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 864 times)

bogtrotter

Yesterday
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:56 AM »
Sunny, blue skies, 70 degrees. A perfect day, and a welcome change after the last two weekends - - when I was sidelined by crappy weather (cold/rain), roaring waters and (on the 1st weekend) a bad head cold. So I had high hopes for some productive fishing.

Alas, it was not to be. I spent 6 hours traipsing the South Hoosic from Cheshire Center to Elm Rock in Adams.

Although I had two hits at Cheshire Harbor (the 2nd a tap/tap in the afternoon and the first a more prolonged thrumming in the morning), and saw a number of other rises there, I was unable to land anything.

I also saw six other fishermen during the course of my travels, and with the exception of one whom I saw caught a 13" rainbow down in Adams, they didn't seem to be having any luck either.
Ironically, the guy who caught the trout was the one who observed something was "off" with the fishing - - by which he meant the water still seemed too cold/high for this time of year.

In the middle of the day, I took a hiatus from the Hoosic for about an hour and tried fishing South Brook in Cheshire -- where I did manage to reel in four "teapot" (short and stout) brook trout (about 7" to 8" long) - - before resuming my fruitless flailing on the "big river." But for them, I would have been fishless for the day.

On a more positive note, I did hold my second cookout since the end of ice fishing. On the menu: lamb chops with sri racha mayo, some kimchi, boiled potatoes with sour cream, asparagus sauteed with garlic, and a Yuengling black and tan beer.

lowaccord66

Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Way to get out there as usual Jim.  Do ypu fish every weekend?

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 10:06 AM »
Nice work.  I can't wait until i'm healed up and can chase some trout.  I have sure tied a lot of flies that need a test run.

The food sounds excellent as always too!
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Way to get out there as usual Jim.  Do ypu fish every weekend?

I try to, but I miss one from time to time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.