FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 515282 times)

MILLERMANKT

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4080 on: Mar 12, 2021, 11:37 PM »
Raq, that is amazing

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4081 on: Mar 13, 2021, 04:57 AM »

My garlic is looking groovy, it is under 4 inches of chopped oak leaves and some black shot from the side of the lake. They are in raised beds as well, they look really good. Putting up a couple high tunnels to start some cold loving plants first. Lot of work to do in garden this year. Get your canning lids early.this year, we stocked up to almost hoarder status.

😎

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4082 on: Mar 13, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Garlic looks like it’s coming along nice cny..

Thanks MM...

ATC yeah it’s going to be a hassle but hope to have it done by the end of April.  For now we are crowding the others.   Even taking all the benches out of one or two and putting stuff on the floor to maximize space...
 The only thing with that is that I’m the tallest person there so I have to bend over further.   :P :P :P
 Bad thing is that we use to hang 2000 hanging baskets in there..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4083 on: Mar 13, 2021, 12:37 PM »
Don’t start heating them till we start filling them up..  One at a time....

Got most of the plastic off.  Wind helped a little last night but really sucked this morning cutting it and trying to hold on to it ..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4084 on: Mar 13, 2021, 01:36 PM »
Doesn’t look like too much to salvage Dom. Be careful working in that tangle.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4085 on: Mar 13, 2021, 02:19 PM »
Yup you are right as far as the frame. Furnace and fans are still good so is the electric panel..    :P

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4086 on: Mar 13, 2021, 04:10 PM »
I built glass greenhouses and sludge bed covers back in the 70’s. Did a couple huge gutter connected houses in NH and a whole lot of hobby and commercial units. No plastic though.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4087 on: Mar 16, 2021, 07:02 AM »
Asparagus are growing good except for the ones the cat ate. Deb has a bunch of marigolds in the center started and we have veggies starting next. We might need another table, but warm weather would be better. Going to put lettuce and spinach out under plastic to free up room inside for more starts. Our second year in new place, need the backyard tilled so we can establish the garden. My buddy is coming with his tractor to get us started. In the groove.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4088 on: Mar 19, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Sure is hot in here today..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4089 on: Mar 19, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Busy busy!
Looking good Dom.
Bob

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4090 on: Mar 19, 2021, 04:33 PM »
Amazing how fast things are progressing, looks great!

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4091 on: Mar 21, 2021, 06:57 AM »
That’s amazing!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4092 on: Mar 21, 2021, 07:21 AM »
GeoThermo is great 👍. 
 But you would need an extensive drainage system under there other wise you will have a 4’ deep covered pond.  At least around where I am.  With the rocky clay soil here and all the run off rainfall it will fill up.  My feet are wet every day just from puddles building up from watering in a couple of our houses...

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4093 on: Mar 21, 2021, 07:46 AM »
Yeah, I don’t think that would work in NY the way it does in Nebraska. In some areas you would need Dynamite just to dig that deep. And yes, water would be a big issue...so that 25k to build would turn into 100k...

taxid

« Reply #4094 on: Mar 21, 2021, 11:01 AM »
GeoThermo is great 👍. 
 But you would need an extensive drainage system under there other wise you will have a 4’ deep covered pond.  At least around where I am.  With the rocky clay soil here and all the run off rainfall it will fill up.  My feet are wet every day just from puddles building up from watering in a couple of our houses...

Not sure it would be an issue unless you hit water right away when excavating? Water and soil at that depth would still be about 50 F. wouldn't it? If you can get the trenches dug and filled with the drainage pipe that is sealed on one end...
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.