FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Record carp factory!  (Read 4811 times)

slipbob

Record carp factory!
« on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Does anybody target the tomhannock reservoir monsters?  The state record which is no surprise, if you ever have seen the carp there, was caught in 1995.  It was 50lbs.
The times I have fished there in May and June you can see carp porpoise that look like Tuna.  I have seen plenty of giant carp in the NYC water supply reservoirs but these are much larger.  I saw some carp last spring at close distance that were easily 50lbs plus.

peple of the perch

Re: Record carp factory!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2004, 07:11 PM »
thats how they r when they come in during the summer in ohio

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Does anybody target the tomhannock reservoir monsters?  The state record which is no surprise, if you ever have seen the carp there, was caught in 1995.  It was 50lbs.
The times I have fished there in May and June you can see carp porpoise that look like Tuna.  I have seen plenty of giant carp in the NYC water supply reservoirs but these are much larger.  I saw some carp last spring at close distance that were easily 50lbs plus.

Yeah, my dad and his buddies hooked one when they were younger on an ultralite setup fishing for eyes. The thing fought for 45 minutes before it broke off. My dad says it was atleast 45 pounds. The tommy has some HUGE carp. They're cows!

Hookset

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2005, 11:06 AM »
This puppy was 36 inches long and weighed 34.6 pounds.  Took a fat nightcrawler and pulled drag for about 20 minutes, a little give, a little take, up the creek, back out to the main body, left, right, the whole deal.  Not a 50, but a piggly wiggly.  My buddy on the right landed the fish:

We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

AirManCam

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2005, 09:53 AM »
THere are some MONSTER carp in Echo lake in warrensburg also.
Iceshanty=AirManCam
MyhuntingForum=BigBuckTaker16

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.