FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Powerbait for carp?  (Read 12014 times)

big big rdg

Powerbait for carp?
« on: Apr 29, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Has anybody tried the powerbait nuggets for carp? I saw them at Dick's today and they looked pretty good.
FSHON!

wigen

Re: Powerbait for carp?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2005, 12:09 AM »
Has anybody tried the powerbait nuggets for carp? I saw them at Dick's today and they looked pretty good.
not to say they don't work but have used them and woudn't try them again. i chummed corn and had about 20 carp on a feeding frenzy and the only thing left when they were done was my strawberry flavored powerbait untouched. i would advise corn as an alternative, easy to chum, less expensive, and they love it. throw a few handfulls out and put yours right in the middle, take into consideration current if in a river, the corn floats awhile. i have found they eat it quick and chum a handfull after every catch, or a few bites. i advise to tie your poles to chair legs or something with nylon rope, since the first pull after they feel the hook is impressive. loose line or drag is safer but i have found you don't hook as many fish. good luck

buzzbomb

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2005, 08:39 AM »
Don't know about Berkley 'power bait' for carp, but their Berkley Carp Bait has a really bad rep.  I think the power bait deserves a chance, though.  Just wait till the bite's on and try sneaking one in.  If they won't go, then you'll know for sure.  At the start of last year's season I couldn't buy a bite on corn, they only took worms, then when they'd been fed corn as ground bait every second day for about a week they took it quite readily.  Experimentation is the name of the game. :)

Soggy Sauger

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 04:24 PM »
The only time I ever went fishing for carp I used the powerbait.  I didn't catch any carp, but I couldn't keep the catfish off my line.  Maybe they should call it catfish bait instead. :D

CarpOnTheBrain

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 07:44 AM »
There is a spot down at lake nockamixon where you can feed some really large carp that reside in a no fishing area. l've tried all kinds of premade carp baits including the berkley power bait and the carp are actually scared of all of those baits.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.