FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: J-RIGGING  (Read 6952 times)

troutman

Re: J-RIGGING
« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2006, 03:05 PM »
You can run two worm harnesses off the same set up I told you about. I use a 6’ lead for the bottom one with a 1 oz bead chain sinker connected in the leader. The sinker pulls down the bottom harness and the top one trail nicely on the top. The snap swivel spins freely on the line to help prevent tangles. If you get a tangle it comes apart easy. I seldom get a tangle. Give it a try. You might get 2 walleye on.
Ray

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2006, 10:45 AM »
Posted in the NY thread also...

Sorry I didnt post sooner, been a bit busy!

Wednesday night I went out fishing with MX on a local lake!
I did give this rig a try!!
I set it up with a Hot n' Tot on the bottom on about a 5 ft. lead
and a worm harness with worm on top with about a 2 ft. lead

Didnt have any success with it, but thats not to say it didnt work!
Fishing was terrible all together that night, nothing that we threw at them worked!
Funny thing is, I thought for sure I would get something off of it because where I tried it,
we were making alot of fish! Sometimes a completely covered screen on the finder!
The good thing was... No tangles or caught up in any weeds!

Oh well, I will not give up on this technique.
Next time I am out and the fishing is hot, I will switch up to this just for trial purposes!
MORE TO COME!!!

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #17 on: Jun 11, 2006, 07:05 PM »
Very neat rigs guys, sounds like they would work well. It may look like one fish chasing another or chasing the worm, get there competitive spirit going. A person could also tie a dropper rig, and hook the worm or rubber jig on the top hook and where the wight should be, add a jig and rubber tail or crankbait,just a though.

These rigs could be very helpfull in determing the hot color or size for the day, you can comepair 2 lures at once. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #18 on: Jun 12, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Hey Oak.

Was sitting there trying to get the grey matter to stop wiggling like jello Saturday morning.
I was having a cup of coffee and watching a little tube and saw these guys up in Michigan using this rig for walleyes in Saginaw Bay.

They used a big long diving minnow with a big (2") lip.
And they used a flutter spoon up top.

The head was so fuzzy that I watched the show for about 10 minutes before I said, "HEY - THEY'RE J-RIGGING!!!".

Mac

LOL... My head was pretty fuzzed up as well, so I never even turned on the fishing shows!
Should have called me, i would have flicked it on to see it in action!  Oh'well, I'll catch an episode sometime or just get it to work for myself!...lol
Did you make it out on the big pond at all or was the wind too brutal?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.