FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Painting boat floors  (Read 3236 times)

FarginIcehole

Painting boat floors
« on: Jun 30, 2006, 07:54 PM »
ok guys my rig isnt fancy,14.5 ft lowe aluminum. it has a plywood floor with a vinyl covering on it.i want to rip up the vinyl covering and paint the marine plywood with a non slip paint,maybe a softer version of rhino lining.any ideas that can help me out??? fargin

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Painting boat floors
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2006, 05:59 AM »
Fargin
 Why wouldn't you just replace the flooring or even go with a marine grade rug? Leaving just a plywood floor will increase the noise through the hull. Cabelas has the flooring cover both the rubber matting and carpet if you wish to go that way, or if not and want to stick with the paint they also sell a textured paint. Now another way if you wish to paint it and do not want the real rough texture of say the rino lineing try adding sand to the paint. Get a bag of good clean play sand and mix well with the paint and use a roller to apply make sure you keep mixing the paint to keep the sand suspended as you apply it to the floor. This will give you a rough texture but yet not as rough as the rino lineing and keep the floor pretty much slip proof.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

FarginIcehole

Re: Painting boat floors
« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2006, 08:41 PM »
problem solved mac, your the best

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.