FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest brook trout  (Read 60477 times)

FLAG

Re: Biggest brook trout
« Reply #15 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:58 AM »
mine was 19 1/2" and the weight was 4#'s. A tiny pond in Maine.

Cider

« Reply #16 on: Jun 04, 2004, 10:17 AM »
Caught in Pond Z, NH:

My biggest 21 1/2" or so and around 3 - 4 lbs, but that is a guess on the weight...

Here is a pretty lousy picture of it...

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2004, 06:13 AM »
That is one h#ll of a mess of brookies.
U GUYS HAVE A LIMIT THERE CIDER???????????????
yea, that is a limit for 3, in my neck of the woods.
M-M good.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Cider

« Reply #18 on: Jul 12, 2004, 09:09 AM »
U GUYS HAVE A LIMIT THERE CIDER???????????????

These fish are the result of a multi-day fishing trip...

My wife and I keep our legal possession limit for the season ( 2 x daily limit x 2 = 20 fish total) so that we can have meals of them in the winter and reminisce about good times catching them.

cider, if you dont mind me asking, how do you get your limit? 2 times limit times 2...???  im confused 

Let me explain...  I am talking about a possession limit, not a daily limit.  Don't confuse the two.  When you are off on a camping/fishing trip and will be fishing for several days at a time, you are allowed to have a possession limit.  So, the possession limit is twice your daily limit.  This also goes for the number of fish you have in your freezer at any given time during the year.

In NH the daily limit is 5 trout or 5 pounds whichever comes first.  So, your possession limit would be 10 trout or 10 pounds whichever comes first!  This allows you to take extended fishing trips and be able to keep more than just a daily limit but still protect the fisheries by limiting total possession.

I also need to tell you that in some of the photos I have posted here, you see a lot of trout.  My wife goes with me for this particular trip each summer and she likes to trout fish nearly as much as I do.  Half of the fish in some of the photos are her's.  Of course, I always tell her that her half is the group of small ones!  ;D  These photos were taken over the last three or four trips North.  We go once every summer for a week.

I don't keep many fish throughout the season except for when we take this trip each summer.  Then we both get our possession limit so we have trout to eat in the winter months!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #19 on: Jul 13, 2004, 08:47 AM »

In NH the daily limit is 5 trout or 5 pounds whichever comes first.  So, your possession limit would be 10 trout or 10 pounds whichever comes first! 

So does this mean that if you catch a 10 lber that you cannot keep any more fish for 2 days or until the first is consumed?  ;D ;)
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #20 on: Jul 13, 2004, 11:49 AM »
That's a strange limit... here in a lake, for brook trout, it is 4 fish of any size and you can keep an additional  10 8" or under.

Mikepike

« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Caught three 16" brookies one day in a lake nearby, never weighed them

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

cnyfishing

« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2005, 02:43 PM »
A huge 8 incher!! But for my 5th fish on a fly rod, 1st trout on a fly rod I was real happy.
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:55 PM »
I have caught them probly in the 1-18 inch class, but at the hatchery where I worked we had some broodstock in the 3-5 years old class, some probably would have gone 5 pounds.     
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Mikepike

« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2005, 08:19 PM »
While i have my photo bucket, ill show you guys a pic of three of my biggest ones, all caught on the same day and all where 16 inch!

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #25 on: Apr 03, 2005, 08:44 PM »
My biggest was just under 6 pounds out of boulder mountain in utah. Before i was 10 years old i already had caught 20 fish around 5 pounds. That place is still a world class fisherie but not as good as it use to be, my father said who has fished for big brookies in eastern canada said the boulder was just as good as those places in the 70's, he used to catch 60 fish a day sometimes 100 with the same lure, a jake spin a lure. Then more and more people started to fish it and articles were written on it and it's gone down hill ever since :'( :'( :'(
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2005, 10:14 PM »
my biggest wild brookie was 12", but my largest ever was a 19" brute - straight off the stocking truck  :-\

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #27 on: Apr 04, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Wish I had a photo! 4 pounder through the ice last year!

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

troutbum

• Wish I was Fishing!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 29, 2005, 09:00 AM »
my  biggest brookie was 18 1/2" 3 lbs or so, drifting a nightcrawler/lake clear warbler combo on Murphy Lake... caught with a ultralight spinning combo with 4# vanish line
"Nature hides her secrets because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse."
Einstein

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 10:39 PM »
My biggest was probably around a 13" stockie.

Got a beautiful 12" native male yesterday that I wish I got a pic of as well as 60 smaller natives in a few hours.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.