FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nite time crappies  (Read 4652 times)

trout sen-sei

Nite time crappies
« on: Jul 31, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Have been fishing my local lake here in Pa at nite for crappies and doing quite well. Friend and I have the boat set up with a floating lite and two lanterns hanging over the side. One the baitfish get attracted in then the crappie bite starts. We have been getting 20-30 a nite but not many large ones. We have also been getting about a dozen trout and some gills for about 4hours of fishing.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Nite time crappies
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Heck, I'd show up just for the trout!

Nothing quite like night fishing... 8)

trout sen-sei

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Come on down sometimes--just south of Pittsburgh. Many trout left in the lakes and no one night fishing the last month and a half. We have been getting a mixed bag of fish--not many large ones though.

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2006, 08:08 PM »
it takes me 6 hrs to get to pittsburgh and Pasquatch i like 3 hours father waway!!! lol
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2006, 05:06 PM »
I got an eight hour drive to Pittsburgh...eek.

I'll see.

skells23

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2007, 09:23 PM »
i was just wondering if you can still get crappies in the shallows like in the spring time when they spawn or are the deeper thanks

flyingknee

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2007, 10:27 AM »
In regards to using the lights for crappies,we have been doing that for a lot of years too.There is a light that is like a large test tube,it has to be under water or it will burn out.The cord is real long so you can adjust the depth.Candlepower 250,000.These are awesome and work better than any other setup for us.In the summer,if you use lanterns,you have to keep your mouth closed because of the bugs,it sucks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.