FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Come party for a good cause!!!!  (Read 2809 times)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Come party for a good cause!!!!
« on: Aug 09, 2006, 03:44 PM »
I'm putting together a charity "Dingleballs" (ladder golf) tournament in memory of my late wife, Erin.  I know that almost nobody here will be able to attend, but I feel like I should make it known anyway. :-\  We held a great event last year and hope to pull it off again this time.

Let's start off with some pics of last year's event.
The tournament field.

The championship match.  Spanky is genuflecting before Becky because she just threw a perfect 9.

Karaoke!  I don't normally participate, but there was a lot of peer pressure. ;)

I can't quite remember what was happening here, but it seems like good advertising!

My old man workin' the ladies on the dance floor. ;D

Erin's Uncle Roger (pictured dancing with her) called a $100 dance.  Almost every guy in the room got in line for a chance to dance with Erin.  It took more than four songs to complete... still chokes me up. :(

This year's event will be held on Oct 7 at noon.  It will be much the same as last year's with the tournament itself, food, beer, bar, silent auction (sold a GPS and St. Croix combo last year, among many other cool items), kids games, DJ, karaoke, and camping. 

I'm planning on contributing some of the funds raised to go towards research on Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.  The remainder will go to start a scholarship fund, in her name, for the Physical Therapy department at UW-La Crosse, where she earned her Master's Degree.  I haven't decided on the percentages yet.

170 participants raised over $16,000 and drank more than eight kegs (plus bar) last year.  I'm planning on upping all of those numbers this year.  So, if on the very small chance that you can stop in, please bring your wallet and your liver.  Even lurkers are welcome to this one.  ;)

Let me know if you can stop by.  Obviously I understand that it's just not possible for almost everyone here.  I just thought you'd like to know that there will be cold beer on tap if your in the neighborhood.

Thanks for your time and tight lines to all.

Lucas
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

archbishop

Re: Come party for a good cause!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2006, 03:50 PM »
i wish i could make it, looks like a good time for a good cause :tipup:

ps was that karaoke peer or beer pressure ??? :tipup:

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2006, 03:50 PM »

ps was that karaoke peer or beer pressure ??? :tipup:

Yep. ;)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2006, 07:14 PM »
I hear you, Mac.  I'm glad that I found a group of guys who listen to my ramblings.

I'm cracking my first Leinie's of the night as I sit here.

Here's to ya!

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2006, 07:21 PM »
I'm cracking my first Leinie's of the night as I sit here.

Here's to ya!

what the heck is that? a beer ???

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2006, 07:37 PM »
If I lived less than 2 states away I would definately show up for such a good cause. I have heard of ACC before and I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. Best of Luck to you and yours.

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2006, 09:32 PM »
what the heck is that? a beer ???
Sorry.  Must be a regional thing.  Leinenkeugel's - Legendary taste of the northwoods from Chippewa Falls, WI.
www.leinie.com
The website is worth a quick visit just for the intro screen.  Cool beer pour that will make you thirsty unless you're hungover and a musky over the bar.  I've almost had my fill right now ;)

If I lived less than 2 states away I would definately show up for such a good cause. I have heard of ACC before and I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. Best of Luck to you and yours.
Thanks Pasquatch.  I appreciate it.

OTIS

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2006, 06:45 AM »
Looks like a great time, maybe we could all rent a buss or RV and drive out!  Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen.  I hope y'all have a great time and beat last years attendance and donation record.

I still have to make a dingle ball set, maybe this weekend.

Couldn't have said it better myself Mac.  I lost my father 12 years ago and I'm still mad.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2006, 07:28 AM »
I have never played ladder golf, it looks like one great outdoor bar sport though, and I too wish I could make it to the event. 

Outdoor bar sports, indoor bar, freinds, family - it will be a great time - enjoy the h3ll out of it - and on an end note, I hope you can up the numbers! :tipup:
   &  Bass

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.