FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Shamrock -vs- Ortiz 3  (Read 9058 times)

jo-jos_jigs

Shamrock -vs- Ortiz 3
« on: Aug 26, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Announced last night. It will be broadcasted for free on Spike TV. Dana White the president said everyone was robbed so this one is free on him. October 10th.
To err is human, to forgive is divine......... Neither of which is my policy

jo-jos_jigs

Re: Shamrock -vs- Ortiz 3
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2006, 06:49 PM »
No Problem!

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Just imagine if......(thats a mighty large if!) Shamrock pulled this one off !?!?! Tito and Chuck Liddell had some words after the match last night, Tito may be looking at a title fight if he would just shut his mouth and fight someone worth while.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2006, 08:02 PM »
Ortiz is a loser. A whiny loser. :laugh:

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2006, 09:35 PM »
I hear that! With all the smack he talks about by beating Shamrock, I wish he would realize he didnt accomplish a huge feat...... I dont think he realizes he just beat up on an old man. Oh well,  we'll see how this one pans out I guess.

Thestanimal

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2006, 08:43 AM »
Tito is going to SMASH Shamrock.  Shamrock has been washed up for years and needs to move on with his life.  Tito is on the comeback trail since heeling up his back and getting his ACL repaired.  I think you will see him get 2-3 more wins and challenge Chuck for the title. 

Say what you will about Tito's attitude-he is very cocky/confident, but passionate about winning.  I've seen far worse attitudes in athletes (Bonds, T.O. A.I).

Tito Shamrock 3 will not get out of the 1st round.
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2006, 08:58 AM »
Can't wait!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2006, 05:42 PM »
I hear you on Tito's attitude. I think what makes the battle between the two of them so bad, is that Tito is a little like the Shamrock everyone liked 8-10 years ago. It would be cool if UFC would have a "legends night", and get the originators out there like Shamrock, Gracie, Severn, Toktarov...... and have a good old royal rumble.

Thestanimal

« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Did anyone check out how quickly "The Iceman" KO'd Babaloo?  Short fight but overall the PPV was pretty good.  Can't wait for the Hughes/BJ Penn rematch. 

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2006, 07:46 PM »
YEAH!! That last fight was a joke. At least Dana White was willing to admit it!! Maybe this time they let them inflict some damage on each each other before calling the fight!

BTW, I think that Ortiz will beat Shamrock to a pulp! After that confrontion on ultimate fighter 3 when Shamrock called him "monkey" I think it's lite a fire inside of Ortiz that makes this more than a UFC bout, it's an all out fight! There's no love lost between those two. Not that I think Shamrock had a prayer to begin with, but it just motivates Tito that much more.

Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2006, 08:45 PM »
The fight with the Iceman was great! Though it was short, it was worth it! I also enjoyed the Bonner/Griffen fight. Hard to believe both of them wre fighting with broken hands. As for the Hughes/Penn fight, I'm not too sure what to think about it. I would've rather seen hughes/St Pierre. Does anyone know the story of why Penn left and relinquished his belt? Being a military guy, I lose out on these things for 6-12 months at a time.

Thestanimal

« Reply #11 on: Sep 01, 2006, 07:13 AM »
Penn left to due contractual disagreement with Dana (He wanted more money).  Penn went through a spell there where he was a real dickhead (punched a cop) but he seems to be getting things on track.  I would have loved to see GSP and Hughes too.  Another great battle would be Diego vs Penn....That would have been a great matchup to become the number #1 contender for the belt following the Hughes/GSP fight.  Oh well one can wish.

I am excited to see how the Rich Franklin/ Anderson Silva match goes.  Silva is pretty nasty...

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #12 on: Sep 01, 2006, 09:04 AM »
I watched the BSP/Penn match last night, and I thought Penn was impressive. I also agree that the Franklin/Silva match will be good. I think I may pass on getting the next ppv though.

OneManArmy

• President, Pike Killers of America Club
« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Shamrock make Ortiz mad...Ortiz smash em' in Oct.

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2006, 04:52 PM »
--BUMP--
Just a reminder, (not that the die hard fans would forget) that the fight is tomorrow (tues oct 10th)!! Looks like itwill be a decent card, most of the fights will have fighters from the Shamrock/Ortiz teams from TUF. I'm sure we'll talk more after the fights!

Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.