FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: crappie in michigan  (Read 2673 times)

RealityCheck

crappie in michigan
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:59 PM »
I am thinking about going to lake cadillac and or mitchel for some crappie this weekend.  I know how hot the action is.  If anyone has some "general"  areas to look for them I would appreciate it.  PM me if you don't want your info. to be public knowledge. 

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Re: crappie in michigan
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 05:07 AM »
I never fish it so Im not going to be secretive and I dont think anyone fishes it regularly on this site. However I dont think ill ruin anyones fishing hole either. But In general, look for fish in 1-4ft of water right now. They are mostly in shallow. If you can find cover in these areas such as weeds or logs. Hit those areas. In addition look for school of minnows or small fish popping at the surface and work those areas. Finally if you can find a point on the lake where there is a small stream or ditch entering the lake. Work that area! I have a cottage about 50mins south of there and that has been the story on our lake. We have a small stream that comes in to our lake and the stream has a good population of minnows. As it starts to get dark at night, the crappies line up at the mouth of the stream and pick off whatever minnows that try to make it into the lake. But during the day they have been cruising around in the shallow water looking for schools of minnows. We also got some out in the big part of our lake, off of a weedbed, but once again shallow, about 3ft.

So in general look for
shallow
cover
minnows
water entry

Our bait of choice has been a bobber and a small hook with a minnow hooked through the back or head. If you do more drifting, hook it in the head. If you do more still fishing hook it in the back. Hope this helps. Good luck

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.