FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: DOWN RIGGERS  (Read 3521 times)

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
DOWN RIGGERS
« on: Apr 11, 2008, 08:31 PM »
ANY ONE HAVE SOME PLANS THAT WILL WORK FOR A DOWN RIGGER OF A SAY CANNOE FOR NO MORE THAN 60 FEET OF WATER ANYTHING WILL WORK

Flash_King

Re: DOWN RIGGERS
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2008, 03:04 AM »
It can be tough sometimes using a downrigger from a canoe(balance/access),yet some fishermen have mastered it by positioning/centering the downrigger on a board strung across the center of the canoe

Check out Ice Shanty-a member(Ibelieve from maine had some for sale for $9.00-you could get an idea on how to build one)

OR check out Walker's Little Laker Downrigger - fits nice on a small watercraft

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2008, 05:55 AM »
It can be tough sometimes using a downrigger from a canoe(balance/access),yet some fishermen have mastered it by positioning/centering the downrigger on a board strung across the center of the canoe

Check out Ice Shanty-a member(Ibelieve from maine had some for sale for $9.00-you could get an idea on how to build one)

OR check out Walker's Little Laker Downrigger - fits nice on a small watercraft
thanks

oldtown42

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2008, 06:12 AM »
I have a 14' old town widewater. I use a portable downrigger that I bought on ebay for about $40. The key is to counterbalance the other side. Since I only use a 4 pound cannonball, I have found that by sidemounting the trolling motor on one side and the downrigger on the other, the balance is right.  you can shift the battery a little to get it even.  If you are just paddling, a bag on sand pushed more to one side will help. Finally, if you put the battery or sand closer to the front of the canoe you will get a flatter ride.

Bigfish57

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2008, 06:51 PM »
I use Jet divers in my canoes at they work very well for me.
Anthony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.