FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake neiontawanna of fulton  (Read 2252 times)

perchslayer25

Lake neiontawanna of fulton
« on: Apr 20, 2004, 10:59 AM »
Does anyone know if you can eat the bullhead out of here....or if anyone has fished it this passed week...anyone from the hannibal or fulton area let me know..i have been seeing several vehicles there this past week,
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

kingfishy

Re: Lake neiontawanna of fulton
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2004, 11:29 AM »
Perchslayer, My brother and I used to fish it a couple of years ago for crappie in the spring, Havn't fished for bullhead, but have brought them up through the ice before. Some people say they wouldn't eat anything out of there but I never seen a Hazard notice saying dont eat the fish.......Kingfishy.....

bigdave1018

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2004, 04:58 PM »
i camped years ago at northbay grounds on lk neawanna. we went in swimming. the water was piss warm and saw condoms and kotex floating on the top of the water. ive heard its spring fed but so is my toilet bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!. id think 1st about eating too many fish from there.

perchslayer25

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2004, 06:18 AM »
well my cousin in law is a DEC officer and he does water samples and he says it is fine...what it is....is that theyre is so much algea in there when the warmer weather comes it brings it all to the top...and yes it is spring fed....but the where it is spring fed....it is closed by algea...i dont understand why they dont get in there with there equipment and clean out the spring feds.....but i was just wondering if anyone has been there bullhead fishing.
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2004, 05:07 PM »
Ahh yes Fulton City With A Future Ive heard the lake is OK for one meal of fish every 100 years!! Just kiding dont know for sure ;D

Taxidermist

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2004, 08:42 PM »
Perchslayer,

I was down there a few days ago...caught some bullhead and white perch. Only a few small bullhead, but there seemed to be a lot of the white perch in there.

As far as eating quality, I go by the following standards:

1) Don't keep anything that has sprouted arms or legs
2) Keep only fish with a maximum of two eyes
3) Keep no fish that can double as a lantern ("glo-fish")

In other words, I get to keep about 2% of the fish I catch out of there.   :)

Randy

ace

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2004, 09:19 PM »
..FELLAS...i was born and raised in lovely FULTON N.Y, i grew up fishing in that lake, I LOVE THAT LAKE it raised me and my family and we have caught a TON of fish from there.....i've been BULLHEADING 3 times this year, caught about 15 BULLHEADS total,  ALOT, ALOT ,ALOT  of WHITE PERCH(silver bass to us FULTONIANS).....the lake has been in a total downslide, it is a lake that is dieing of a slow death. Been getting alot of crap from the farms that are all around it. the CITY of FULTON is trying to save it, but they have to do something about the run off from the farm lands around it....It is and always will be a hot topic around FULTON, it is a beautiful place to go in early spring and fall, in the summer it get so d**n warm and full of green algee that it looks like nuts......i still enjoy going bullhead fishing there, i take my 4year old and i meet about 3 friends with their children, we make a fire and drink alot of beers.(NORTH BAY CAMPROUNDS is where we go)...i plan on going this sat. weather permitting,  and yes i did eat about 6 of the bullheads i took from their, i wouldnt eat to much out of that lake, esp. in the summer.......growing up we caught alot of BIg NORTHERNS and FAT LARGEMOUTHS from that lake...........alot of people fish near the stream and creeks, mostly at BULLHEAD PT.  i like to go to NORTH BAY  a little more remote but not as many fish.........so i hope i was helpful and enjoy lovely      LAKE NEAHAWTAWAN.......( the area use to be old INDIAN grounds, we would find alot of arrow heads in our back yard growing up)........................my favorite LAKE ever, just hope it doesn't die on us FULTONIANS....................................... ...LATER.........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.