FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Opening Day - When???  (Read 3226 times)

tommyboy

Opening Day - When???
« on: Apr 26, 2004, 10:49 AM »
Well, since walleye season opens up this saturday, I figure it would be best if I found out beforehand if I'm going to get arrested!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I CAN go out on Friday at Midnight, Right?  Or do I have to wait until Saturday night?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

FrankM

Re: Opening Day - When???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2004, 11:04 AM »
You can go out Friday at midnight and start fishing at 12:01 AM which is technically Saturday.
Truth is stranger than fiction, Judgy Wudgy

scottcny

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Tom,
That's when I usally start at the inlaws. i must admit, because it's so secluded down there, sometimes I cheet a little!!

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2004, 02:22 PM »
12:01 friday night/saturday morning... no cheating allowed where i go... the sheriff and mr greenjeans lurk hard! no cheating needed anyways....lol
cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait.... in starting to feel like bart and lisa simpson on that one episode... can we have a pool dad, can we have a pool dad, can we have a pool dad....can i fish walleye now, can i fish walleye now, can i fish walleye now!  god man.... addictions are bad...lol thank god im not hooked on drugs, id be screwed! ;D

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2004, 08:57 AM »
 I was camping with friends about a mile west of Blind Sodus bay just off the lake shore, all weekend. Friday night around 9 we noticed lights on the lake a couple hundred yards out. They would come on for a few minutes then dissapear. Looked like a spotlight and a couple of flashlights. There were no navigation or marking lights on the vessel at all. Whenever the lights came on they would hoot and hollar. They were out till around 2am. Same thing Saturday night. All I can think of is they were after walleyes and didn't want too be seen. Maybe, I don't know.

A little off subject;
Has anyone ever trolled for eyes at night in Lake Ontario? Is it productive?
Harold

OTIS

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2004, 10:08 AM »
VERY! ;D
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2004, 11:26 AM »
I've gotten some nice eyes at night on the big lake..  8)

madbomber

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2004, 11:54 AM »
probaly just bullhead fishing. I always troll after bullheads with a jig and worm trailer. ??? doesent everybody ???
MADBOMBER

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2004, 01:16 PM »
probaly just bullhead fishing. I always troll after bullheads with a jig and worm trailer. ??? doesent everybody ???

I never have. Your the first I've heard of anyone doing it. :)

Never seen anyone fish the big lake for bullheads, let alone troll for them with no lights.

Oh well, I'm not worried about it. I want to try trolling for eyes in the lake at night sometime though. That sounds like fun.
Harold

kappy

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2004, 03:34 PM »
otis and superx   is it any good around the rochester area for eyes like off the genny or iron bay   I know they come up the river to spawn, never did try
thanks for any input 

eyedoktr

« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2004, 06:52 PM »
Kappy, I bay is loaded with nice walleye. There is actually a pretty good population all year now. They are just through spawning and actually went up Irondequoit Creek as far as Linear Park. I know guys that get them early in the season on the west side, just south of the bridge.
Pete Lewis

OTIS

« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2004, 07:25 PM »
We get some monsters from drift boats at night in Oswego Harbor.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #12 on: Apr 29, 2004, 09:52 AM »
otis and superx   is it any good around the rochester area for eyes like off the genny or iron bay   I know they come up the river to spawn, never did try
thanks for any input 
Yeah Iron Bay holds alot of nice eyes now. We pick up a few every trip out, I haven't broke the 6 pound mark yet there but maybe this year is the year. I fish weedlines at the South and North west end. Jigging and trolling crankbaits seems to be the best pattern. Black and Blue bucktail 1/4oz with a nightcrawler. Can't go wrong.

kappy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2004, 07:05 PM »
thanks for the tips Pete and sandman,,, I have tomorrow off going to hit the lake for some trout  anyone know what the big pond wave height is going to be tomorrow,, also I need a website  for the wave height I had one and lost it.. sure I can find it with a search..  but you guys know.. good luck out there.. I am heading out the river breezing by the big boat..   Kappy out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.