FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: pike and walleye opener  (Read 3159 times)

madbomber

pike and walleye opener
« on: Apr 28, 2004, 07:15 PM »
So where is everybody going to be opening day...........
MADBOMBER

capt hookem

Re: pike and walleye opener
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2004, 09:09 PM »
Pirates are heading out on Lake Ontario friday mornin to see if we can catch that winning fish in the l.o.c
derby .from there its down to camp to locate some turkeys for the saturday morning opener... After  we bag some birds its a Maiden voyage to allegheny reservoir in search of eyes. Does anyone have any tips they could give on fishin this water...   Cmon eye doctor you wouldnt hold out on a skurvy dog now would ya      aarrrr mateys good luck to all this weekend.....

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2004, 09:56 PM »
Sterling Creek/Fair Haven Park pond hopefully.   If my girlfriend don't grab me up and take me down to Cortland. :(
Harold

Chucker

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2004, 05:28 AM »
Make a deal with her.... If you go to Cortland, you get to stop at Tully with a canoe.

eyedoktr

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2004, 06:07 AM »
Pirates, I definitely wouldn't hold out any info to you guys.  :) Unfortunately, I know very little about Allegheny reservoir. What I do know is that most of the early fish are caught jigging. As far as location, I haven't a clue. I've been told that fish are scattered everywhere and fairly easy to catch. I have three tourneys there this spring/summer so hopefully, I'll know more shortly. I already have (and highly recommend having) my PA and reservation licenses along with my NY.

I'm giving the eyes a break this opening day. I just had surgery yesterday (wednesday) and won't be able to hit the water this weekend. It really is gonna suck around midnite friday as I've only missed 2 or 3 openers in the last 30 or so years.

Good luck to all and be safe.
Pete Lewis

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2004, 07:11 AM »
Turkeys come Saturday morning for sure.....then afternoon/evening pike fishing. May hit a local farm pond that I have done well at before or spots on the Erie Canal. Conesus don't sound like a bad idea either....

My daughter 8 years old caught a 30 inch pike last week on a fathead, we were fishing from the boat for crappies and she nailed him. Her biggest fish so far, she was very happy and I was one proud daddy.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

FrankM

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2004, 11:17 AM »
We will be letting our lines out in Chautauqua Lake at 12:01 AM
Truth is stranger than fiction, Judgy Wudgy

Chucker

« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2004, 04:15 PM »
I will be fishing some secret locations and driving an alternate vehicle so I can't be recognized or followed.  Needless to say I will catch some nice fat eyes.  I have only fished once since iceout which was late March so I'm ready for a fish fry which will be Saturday night.  Pictures to follow on Monday.

Lookouts have already been posted at your residence.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

got em

« Reply #8 on: Apr 29, 2004, 10:57 PM »
 ;) walley fry and some sierra nevada,slip bob,very nice,good luck opening day  ;) ;)

zuke852000

« Reply #9 on: Apr 29, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Early morning I'll be in the woods waiting for that first gobble... then Sat. night I'll be fishing the Oswego River. Anybody want to fish with me? Ill be casting from the walkway under the 104 bridge. Best of luck to everybody.
ZUKE

HeavyMetalFisher

« Reply #10 on: Apr 30, 2004, 09:52 AM »
I'll be trying Conesus lake, in my faded red (PINK) canoe. Most likely the south end. The hourly countdown begins.
Might enter the Avon Anglers derby, not sure yet.
Any Avon Anglers out there?
Well gotta catch some minnows, rock on all!!!
I fish in the water, not on the net.

wny angler

« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2004, 07:26 PM »
iv'e got way to many options- should i go for piker or walleye??? can't decide-
what lake do i want to fish?-conesus ,lake erie ,honeoye ,chautauqua lake, allegheny res, silver lake              maybe i'll just do a little c&r steelhead fishing instead, it'l give me a chance to clear my head at least and plan for sunday  :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.