FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BASEBALL STARTING!!!  (Read 10239 times)

TroutFishingBear

BASEBALL STARTING!!!
« on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:42 PM »
I am excited that the major leagues are starting. I really enjoy playing baseball, as well as watching it.
I think that the NL WEST winner will be the dodgers, colorado rockies second. NL CENTRAL WINNER will be the cubbies. second ( and wild card team) will be the houston astros. NL EAST winner will be the phillies, with second being the braves.

Yankees win AL EAST
Twins win AL CENTRAL
A's win AL WEST, wildcard(from west): Mariners

my favorite team is the rockies, but they stink :(
I still hope they do well though.

Who else is excited for baseball????

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
Re: BASEBALL STARTING!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:44 PM »
i'm sure excited for baseball. my favorite team is the T.O. Blue Jays.

notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

wyogator

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:50 PM »
I am! Troutfishingbear, I had the MLB logo painted in my classroom with the number of days left until opening day on paper that I could pull off each day. I am still a Marlins, Lightning and Bucs fan. However, I am slowly turning into a Rockies, Avalanche and Broncos fan; I just haven't lived here long enough yet. I like the Devil Rays because they are from Tampa, but they stink, so I follow the Marlins.

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:03 PM »
BASEBALL Awesome!!!  ;D  I am a lifelong Yankees fan and a fan of the AL.  I am getting sick and tired of Steinbrenner though.

The Yanks don't have a prayer this year.  They lost their top starters!  I think it is very cool how Clemens retired, then Petite left, and Clemens came out of reiterment to join Petite!  Wells is gone too.  Steinbrenner had it coming.

If you ask me, the Red Sox should have won last year.  Their manager screwed up in not pulling Martinez.  They will go all the way again this year.  They kept their entire team, got rid of the Brady Little, and put on Schilling!  Can't go wrong.

I am going to route for the Tigers this year.

TFB - I like your Rockies too.  I thought they were a good team ever since they were new to the league!

What is better than a day of fishing and baseball on the radio???  ;D  ;D

wyogator

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:07 PM »
I hate Steinbrenner! He lives in Tampa during the offseason He is such a jerk. he was very rude to my dad once.

seaweed01

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:31 PM »
Go Yankees!!!!!

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:35 PM »
i'm sure excited for baseball. my favorite team is the T.O. Blue Jays.

Opening day today here in Syracuse for the Syracuse Skychiefs, AAA farm team for the Toronto Blue Jays. My son also had their first JV Baseball for the season. Skychiefs lost one and the JV team won one.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Baseball just does not do the trick for me, Any high sticking infractions on a baseball field ;D ;D If I had to watch it I would have no choice but to pick for our Expos and Jays. ;D ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2004, 04:25 PM »
Go Orioles!  We finally have some decent hitters!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2004, 04:57 PM »
GO RED SOXXX.THIS COULD BE THE YEAR
Scotty 

High Tide

« Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2004, 05:20 PM »
Fat boy's got it right.  One of my good friends play's left field Larry Bigbe, we ice fish a couple of times a year, here in NW Indiana. :)

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2004, 11:04 PM »
I live 6 miles away from grand juntion, colorado, where the Junior College Baseball World Series is played every year at our very own Sam Suplizio Field. I have never been to a major league park, but it is fun to see the JUCO world series and see a lot of the players make the pros. I have a lot of autographs since I go to every game every year. The spokesperson at the banquet this year is selig, and a lot of times its really good major league players. Can't wait for may 26th- June 2nd, best week of the year, also the first week of my summer break!!!

I play baseball, had a scrimmage today. Struck out 4 in 2 innings, walked 2, had 2 groundouts.
85 mph at age 15, not bad ;D

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2004, 01:39 PM »
Lifetime Red Sox fan here, hopefully the Texas Rangers bought the curse from the Sox when they gave the best player in baseball to the Yanks.. It should be a very interesting year..
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

fishman88

baseball??
« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2004, 10:30 AM »
any one like baseball??whos your favorite team??? wat about them red soxs go soxs the yankees SUCK!!!!!

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
Re: baseball??
« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2004, 04:35 PM »
I have been a Bo-Sox fan my whole life I know its early in the year but Georgees big payroll doesn't seem to be panning out for him so far...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.