FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rifle falls  (Read 2890 times)

raleigh

Rifle falls
« on: May 03, 2004, 09:50 PM »
We went to Rifle Gap in the morning and fished till about noon, caught a few avrage sized rainbows. After that we went to Rifle Falls and walked down to the stream, fished there for about an hour. I caught a few small browns and rainbows on flys. This is a pic of rifle falls and the little stream I fished. Looks like a little peice of hevan on earth.

pokernut

Re: Rifle falls
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 04:42 PM »
Hey Raleigh, that picture looks very familiar. I fished in that exact same spot one day last summer. Caught a couple of nice brookies that were hiding along the edge just across from you in the picture. There were a lot of people there walking around the falls and a ranger made me leave because he said it was bothering the tourists. I also fished the creek below the parking area there and caught a few more.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 09:54 PM »
and a ranger made me leave because he said it was bothering the tourists.

He can't force you to leave, you weren't doing anything wrong. but i thought it was illegal to get that close to the falls???

raleigh

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 10:33 PM »
They have a path way right up to the bottom of the water fall on the right of the picture. No sign there that says can not go right up to it. I think it is just common curtsy that you do not walk right up to the the other two falls because of all the vegation. It is just a beautiful place.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.