FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How 'bout those Yankees!  (Read 19774 times)

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
How 'bout those Yankees!
« on: May 06, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Besides being the Best baseball team ever. The Yankees are the best baseball team ever! Yankees uck! Go Yankees!
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

fozsey

Re: How 'bout those Yankees!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 11:25 PM »
They are definitely struting right now. Who knows...maybe working on the best win/loss record of all time?? Na, they'll blow it.

bigdave1018

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 06:08 AM »
ive lived in ny all my life and all ny fans are worse than clevland fans. we loss the nationals to philadelphia, at least 2 hockey teams pulled outta the cuse cause of no fan support. they cheered jeter the other night [a standing o], then when the bum didnt get a hit , the typical ny faithfull boed him!!!!!!!! syracuse ny fans crack me up,theyll back a college team but no pro teams. su and ny fans are truly alike they both SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND STEINBRENNERS BUY A TEAM, i rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishman88

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 09:58 AM »
yankees suck go soxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :P

tommyboy

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Dave, Whats your point?  You rested your case but failed to make one.  Do you really think that a city with less than 100,000 people can support a pro team the same way that a city of over a million can?

Fishman, does 1918 mean anything to you?  Just curious.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

fishman88

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 11:03 AM »
were see wat happens this year!!!! soxs all the way!!!!!

OTIS

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 11:55 AM »
Soxs?  Who are teh Soxs??? ??? ??? ???
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 05:37 PM »
Yankees have bought a good team, but I think that there pitching is a little less quality than last year. Remember, pitching wins ballgames. The braves of the 1990's with no hitting and great pitching prooved that.

That's why my rockies have always sucked and why they got beat 11-0 today.

venisonman

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 06:31 PM »
The pink sox have already let their grip slip!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 06:41 PM »
If the Yankees never won another game, it would suit me fine.  The Baltimore Orioles are my team and they always will be.  Go Birds!

joefroggy

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 07:44 PM »
I say go PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I've always hated the Yankees, even though I live in NJ closer to Ny.  The Yankees to me are what's wrong with baseball.  No salary cap means, buy your best team if you can.  $ doesn't always = results(ask the mets), but look at correlation between who makes the playoffs and how much $ they spent.  The Expos and Padres have produced lots of talent, but when they get good they can't afford them, so they trade them to a high $  team and get young cheap guys and start all over again.  The Expos and teams that make no effort to keep talent shouldn't be allowed to be in MLB.  And that's the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

Joefroggy

Cider

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 08:24 PM »
Geez, I am a die hard Yankees fan and let me tell you I can just feel the love in here!  It is as bad as the time I went to Fenway to watch my Yanks take on the Bosox.

My wife was dressed in her Red Sox stuff and I in my Yankees stuff.  So there we were, 7th inning stretch and I was getting sick of hearing "Yankees Suck, Yankees Suck", when all of the sudden Wally the Green Monster sneaks up behind me and takes my Yankees hat and wipes his butt with it then puts it back on my head!!

Let me tell you, there was almost an altercation on the first base line involving one irate Yankees fan and a team mascott!!

However, I am sick and tired of Steinbrenner.  I was so happy to see what happened to the Yankees pitching staff over the off-season.  I am glad that they are struggling for a change.

I will be rooting for the tigers this year in public (go Pudge!) and still be privately keeping an eye on my Yankees.  I can't ignore them this year because my hero Mattingly is back in a uniform again!!

bigdave1018

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 08:50 PM »
the days of donny baseball,tony gwynn and cal ripken will never be seen again in the modern baseball era!!!!!!!!!!!! team and city loyalty whats that? money talks unfortunately but hey who knows? ill never have the luxury of being in a top young bballs players shoes lol.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2004, 03:44 PM »
The Yankees will almost definitely make it to the world series again this year. Will they win? I seriously doubt it do to the fact of the CHICAGO CUBS!!!!!! They have Wood, Prior, Zembrano, and Clement for their 4 playoff starters (4-man rotation in playoffs) and they are all great. For hitting, they have alou and sosa. enough said. The cubbies will win this year, and should've won last year, but that stupid Steve Bartman ruined it all for us >:( >:( >:( >:(

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2004, 12:19 PM »
TFB,
      Who are the Cubs?, they won't even make the playoffs!

Prior=Out for most of season, still coming back from injury
                   Wood= cant throw strikes, lost his slider
                   Zambrano= Excellent
                   Clement= .500 year, maybe?

Sneezin Sammy?- 'Roids aren't working anymore, Ruben Sierra is better
               Alou, nah, he's too old, pretty good though
               Your best hitter is Ramirez, but he always gets hurt, too bad, I like his style

Bullpen- Mercker doesn't get it done as of late
                                 Farnsworth is hurt
                                Remlinger is horrible lately
                                Hawkins- 3.00 era for a closer? Ouch!

14.5 GAMES BACK!

Need I Say More?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.