FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your fish recpies.  (Read 3191 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Your fish recpies.
« on: May 06, 2009, 06:00 AM »
Ok guys and Gals. How do you make your favorite fish recpies?

Fish wraps.

Your Favorite fish (deep fried) I like walleyes and crappies..

Your choice of wraps

Tartar sauce on the wrap.

Catup on the wrap.

If you don't like condoments don't add...lol..

Cole slaw.

warp up and enjoy..... ;D
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
Re: Your fish recpies.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:33 AM »
For crappie I like to take a cup of flour then mix in a lot of cajun spice and fresh ground pepper. Then I sprinkle one side of the fillets with cajun spice again and deep fry. A few drops of tabasco sauce on each fillet. MMMM. CAJUN CRAPPIE haha. Also another way I like to cook all my panfish is to roll them in flour then drip them in egg wash and then roll them in panko japanese style bread crumbs then deep fry them. They japanese bread crumbs make them very crispy!
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

iceplank

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:09 PM »
i take the House-autry medium hot breader from walmart and mix some cajun spices so it is about 80% breader and 20% spice and after giving my eyes, perch,gills or crappies an eggwash i roll them in the batter. i put a thin coating of oil in a fry pan drop a 1/5 stick of magerine in the oil. once the bubbles from the melted margarine are gone i drop the fish a few minutes on each side till its golden or darker if you like them crispy, then serve with tarter or catsup or put them on a toasted roll with tarter, lettuce and tomato. since i have been "perfecting" this i cant kill enough panfish. an empty freezer  is despair.

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:57 PM »
both sound goood!

fishfetcher

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:30 PM »
original CHICKEN shake and bake.  tried the fish  shake and bake and dont think it  is as good. works on all fillets. deep fry until brown   MMMMMMMM

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:58 AM »
That great guys!! I know that there more recpies out there.. Ladies any input?
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

mealworm

• snoogan
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:02 AM »
i like to bread then fry but i mix crunched up potato chips 50/50 with the bread crumbs and shreaded cocanut also i'v just used tortilla chips on the filletes and baked on a cookie sheet very good with some cocktail sauce and also my wife makes a sweet dip(like you would get with cocanut shrimp from red lobster) instead of cocktail sauce

ICE ADDICT

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 08:01 AM »
I know this ain't exactly rocket science, but poached perch is UNBEFREAKINGLIEVABLE!!!!!

Just toss however much fish you want into some boiling water, cook for 3-5 minutes, strain the filets, add (real, salted) butter some lemon juice and salt. Stir it up gently, so not to bust all the fish up and enjoy!

It's a version of poor mans lobster i guess. You can season it up any way you wish, but after experimenting with a few different things, I think the above recipe is the best!

I think it's BETTER than lobster!! The key is using PERCH. I tried it with some Crappie and it wasn't nearly as good, to gamey and mushy, all broke up. I think any firm fleshed fish would work nicely. I'm gonna try it with gills next. Then maybe walleye.

We all believe in something,...I believe I'll go fishin'....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Grilled Walleye and roasted potatoes.

This was last night's dinner ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 05:47 PM »
OOPS! I forgot to tell you how ::)

Roasted Potatoes;
Quarter new or red potatoes
toss with extra virgin olive oil, seasonings to taste
roast over indirect heat til tender
basting with garlic butter towards the end adds a nice touch.

Grilled Walleye;
marinate walleye in fresh squeezed orange juice, sea salt and cracked pepper. Sometimes I use Montreal Chicken Seasoning and lemon juice.
Brush with garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
coat with rub (my rub is a closely guarded tradition)
grill over HOT direct heat

TRY basting with your BBQ sauce at the end for a different taste.

Serve with a crisp romaine salad.....enjoy!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Boomer

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 06:15 PM »
Try this with some catfish: Take some Miracle Whip and add some lemon juice to it so the Miracle Whip is a little smoother. Dip the catfish into the Miracle Whip then into some Cheddar Cheese Ruffled Potato Chips (may substitute corn flakes at this point) and bake in the oven until GBD (golden brown and delicious). Had it two nights ago and it is still one of my favorites.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Well for those who are apartment challenged (live in an apartment) a George Forman tabletop grill can be used to cook trout, and I suppose just about any sort of fish.     With trout, I'll put some butter into the body cavity (the trout are head and gutted and not fillet), wrap it in aluminum foil (it helps with you spray the foild with cooking spray to keep it from sticking) and place on the Forman grill and cook until the skin can be peeled back and the meat flakes off with a fork easily.    It will take a while depending on the grill, but the foil and butter helps keep the trout/fish moist.      You could add other spices and such to taste, but I just like the taste of good plain trout.   
     I tend to use trout from the 9-14 inch range for that, two of the smaller ones or one of the larger ones works well for a good meal.   
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

ICE ADDICT

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 07:22 AM »
Hey RG,  What the heck is that strange lookin thing on the grate at the top with all the fin looking things hanging off it???

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 11:09 AM »
I tried this last night..

Walleye fillets (as many as you want)

Red onions

Tomatoes.

Slice up your onion(thin rings)

and Tomotoes(thin slices)

Place your Walleye Fillets on a buttered cookie sheet

Season to taste.
 Place your Tomatoes and onions over the top of the fish.

Dirzzle some olive oil over the top if you like.

bake until done, 25mins..
Enjoy

ICE ADDICT

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 11:58 AM »
I tried this last night..

Walleye fillets (as many as you want)

Red onions

Tomatoes.

Slice up your onion(thin rings)

and Tomotoes(thin slices)

Place your Walleye Fillets on a buttered cookie sheet

Season to taste.
 Place your Tomatoes and onions over the top of the fish.

Dirzzle some olive oil over the top if you like.

bake until done, 25mins..
Enjoy

That sounds like a nice fresh tasting recipe carp, but I'll bet a nice handfull of fresh chopped basil would kick that up a perfect notch!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.