FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lesson to all  (Read 5544 times)

52niner

Lesson to all
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Don't sit around and let things happen. This Sturgeon was taken out of season a week or 2 ago and no one really did anything about it. This fish was taken at the 6th street dam in Kalamazoo ,MI.

People took pics of him taking the fish and of his license plate but so far nothing has been done about it. This fish is older then the guy taking it , and from what I was told as soon as he landed it he ripped his gills , stringered it and headed on his way before DNR could show up. Hopefully he'll get cooked.

"Beer is living proof that there is a God and he wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin

fishermantim4

Re: Lesson to all
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:35 PM »
what does one do with a bottom feeder that is older than most of the dirt in my yard?
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:09 AM »
Thats outrageous!  >:( Send that pic to the DNR! Come on now!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 05:16 AM »
Here in NYS we have a DEC tipp line that you can call when you see retards like that keeping fish out of season. That guy should be put in jail as far as i am concerned! Does your state have a phone number that you can call to turn in poachers???

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 05:24 AM »

The amount of pictures taken that guy should be strung up just like that poor fish....... >:(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:35 AM »
Why is he walking away without lumps on his head??  I see 3 grown men standing there doing nothing but taking picture's.  Another case of "I'm not getting involved".  What a shame that we cannot stand up for whats right anymore, no wonder our Country is going to pot.  Scared to Man-up!?

Post his license plate on here or PM me it and I'll write a letter to the DNR.  Heck, have everyone write a letter!
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

edmonds

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:36 AM »
Absolute crap.  What do you do with it anyways?  Do people eat them when they are legal to take?  Has anyone tried them before?  Do they actually taste good?

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01 AM »
I've heard about the stergeon spearing season, I think its Michigan...wonder what stergeon tastes like??  ::) ;D

Boomer

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08:44 AM »
What do you do with them? Caviar. Very expensive. Roe is poached all over. Here in Indiana we have a problem with people poaching paddlefish for the roe. (The IDNR knows this and is constantly on the lookout for these people. Doesn't hurt for the public to help a little too. We no longer have a paddlefish season in Indiana - could it be because of the high level of poaching?)

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 08:47 AM »
We fish for Shovelnose Sturgeon here, LEGALLY of coarse. They are Delicious, I boil it in 7up and dip in hot butter. You can also bread and fry like normal. The Shovelnose don't get as big as the illegal one above, usually about 2-3 lbs. We also have Pallid Sturgeon here which are on the endangered list and they're a big nono to keep! If you catch one you release it immediatly. Hopefully someone catches this egghead before he does any more damage, I'm with you guys string him up!!!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 08:53 AM »
thats out rageous, i wish i were the dep officer for a day!!! :nono: :police: :cursing: :police: :thumbup_smilie: :police: :clapping:
hard core fanatic!

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 09:23 AM »
Don't sit around and let things happen.

WHO TOOK THE PICTURE???
Where is the driver liscense #
This appears to be a gross violation of the law.
People gotta step up, can't b_tch w/o action.
I would bet you would see the same guy in the same location sooner or later.
Internet heros give it a rest!

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 09:25 AM »
absolutely, these kinds of people have no regards. :cursing: :nono: :police:
hard core fanatic!

52niner

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 09:35 AM »
I wasn't there but there were photos (Tons) taken of the guy and his plate and from what I hear, it's in the works to get the guy. But If it were me he would have never got in his car because once he is gone and the fish is gone where is the proof by now? But it really ticks me off that people didn't do to much. Someone supposedly called 911 but by the time the responded if they did he was gone.
"Beer is living proof that there is a God and he wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin

Instantperception

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 10:36 AM »
You would think that if they did locate this guy the picture would be proof enough to convict him of his illegal catch.    I think the guy on the right hand side,  taking a pic. and a reel on the left would know better than taking a picture instead of calling the authorities..........that is awful to see something like that be taken illegally especially how old that probably is............   every state should have a tip line like NYS if they don't already.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.