FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How is fishing?  (Read 2230 times)

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
How is fishing?
« on: May 27, 2004, 11:47 PM »
So how is open water season treating you?

I must say that mine is not going to well. Have not had a good catch for a feed yet. The weather here is a little cool and a lot of rain in the last 2 days and more coming this weekend they said.

On the assiniboine the walleye are super small this year, right now anyway, the biggest was 10"  :-[

Hope that the season will pick up around here sometime soon.

I went out today for a bit and caught a 20lbs carp which was a very nice fight, the river is full of them right now. They are all over the place it's hard not to snagg them.

Anyway keep it posted and tight lines
People who work don't know how to fish!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: How is fishing?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 04:42 AM »
hey Icebraker. That is a goodsign if the walleye are small. It looks like they had a good spawn the last couple of years. Nice carp. Did you accidentally catch it or were you fishing for it. I have not even put my boat in the water yet, Hopefully sunday depending on the weather. Good Luck Icebraker.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 08:16 AM »
Fishing has been slow for me too.  I've yet to catch a walleye on the Winnipeg River (have been out 8 times).  Lots of nice pike, but that just doesn't cut it.  I'm heading up to North and South Cross Lakes this weekend, hope that turns my fortune around.  GL.

Nightcrawler

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 11:57 AM »
Haven't done well so far either, stuck at home working on the house this weekend, next week off to George Lake for four days for the annual party...uh...fishing trip! Looking forward to the smallies and lakers! Hopefully the weather improves, camping on an island in the rain isn't super fun. Not that we'll feel it anyway I guess. Good luck to all this weekend!!

lake_357

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 10:24 PM »

Hey night crawler if you see Rick Penner tell him hi from the northend boys
excuses are like asses everybody has one and they all stink

Bushman

• Fish from sun up to sun down
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 10:50 PM »
I wish it would stop raining, every time I get a day off work it rains :-\ If the rain stops tomorrow I will try the  river here by brandon
True north strong and free

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 10:56 PM »
Hey according to some reliable sources the river is happening. have you ever tried the part of the river that runs not very far from the plant?
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

mrhook

• Fishing Fin-Addict!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 11:04 PM »
I hear ya bushman! Im just itchin to try lockport sometime this weekend but the rain just wont let up! maybe tomorow it will stop for a couple hours ;D ;D ;D
(fishfull thinkin or ?)
teach a man to fish and he'll play with his fly all day!

Bushman

• Fish from sun up to sun down
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Hey according to some reliable sources the river is happening. have you ever tried the part of the river that runs not very far from the plant?
I want to try that bridge just after you turn off the low to shilo that heads to the plant, I here some nice wallys coming from there
True north strong and free

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.