FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: how much horsepower?  (Read 8180 times)

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: how much horsepower?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2004, 02:04 PM »
This is all great talk! I love it.

Sprint cars, the WoO are by far the best to watch. There is real HP there. Some amazing driving by those guys. The ESS Series when it was still around was some great action as well. The Pennsyvania Posse are a fun bunch as well.

Dirt Mods are a ton of fun to watch. Lots of Nascar guys came from the ranks of dirt in one way or another. Still alot go back to local dirt tracks to race. To name a few...Tony Stewart, Jimmy Spencer, Ken Schrader, Bill Elliot and the Bodines.

Good conversation.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2004, 09:48 AM »
Spencer, the Bodines, Schrader and a few other guys raced where my dad used to run in Connecticut. They drove the Featherlite Mods, which of course are a NASCAR series. In case you guys didn't know, they run at Adirondack International Speedway, near Loweville. Hopefully I'll be able to so up there and see them run this year.

-Zach

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2004, 11:06 AM »
Man I wish racing was bigger here in manitoba!!! I will definatly be watching it on t.v.I have never seen Nascar race in person must be a rush seeing and hearing them run 200 mph down the straightaway!!!!! Those sprints are awesome like you said about power to weight ratio :o :o :o Man i think i'm gonna hop on the ride on lawnmower and see if anyone in the neighbourhood wan'ts to drag ;D ;D

Jigwiggler

« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2004, 11:30 AM »
Hey Chen I love muscle cars 8) 8) 8) My Step-dad had a 70 chevelle SS with a 396 in er he said that car would roast em as long as he could hold er straight. He also had a 70 GTO 400 4 speed don't talk to him about that car though [he sold it :'(] My dream car would have to be a 70 LS6 454 chevelle SS or a Hemi Dart. 8)

MUSCLE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Hey this is a topic I could really spend some time on so I started another thread on the Off Topic Board.  Check it out!!

May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #19 on: Jun 19, 2004, 11:35 AM »
Man i think i'm gonna hop on the ride on lawnmower and see if anyone in the neighbourhood wan'ts to drag ;D ;D

Man we race anything down here!  ;D  A few miles from my house there are lawn mower races every other Sun.!!  You'd fit right in. ;D  They 50-70mph on a small dirt circle but can reach triple digits given enough room.  Some of them are even pulling wheelies coming out of the turn.  It is a riot to watch. :D

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Every once in a while, I see lawn mower racing on the Speed Channel. It's awesome! My friend made a racing mower, and it was fast, cheap and easy. All you do is on a belt driven mower, take the drive pulley off the shaft and weld on a HUGE pulley. Trust me, those things go like a bat out of hell!

-Zach

Jigwiggler

« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2004, 04:31 PM »
Every once in a while, I see lawn mower racing on the Speed Channel. It's awesome! My friend made a racing mower, and it was fast, cheap and easy. All you do is on a belt driven mower, take the drive pulley off the shaft and weld on a HUGE pulley. Trust me, those things go like a bat out of hell!

-Zach

Yeah it's not very hard.  I played around with my own once and had a stock 14hp garden tractor doing 53mph up and down my road in an afternoon (according the the Chevy truck that was following me.  ;D ).  The handling was a little scaring though. :o

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #22 on: Jun 19, 2004, 11:02 PM »

-Zach

Yeah it's not very hard.  I played around with my own once and had a stock 14hp garden tractor doing 53mph up and down my road in an afternoon (according the the Chevy truck that was following me.  ;D ).  The handling was a little scaring though. :o
Awesome that pretty da*n fast for a ride on ;D 8) 8)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Jun 20, 2004, 10:57 AM »
Don't let him fool ya TH. THat was no tractor, it was a push mower ;D

Liar

« Reply #24 on: Jun 22, 2004, 12:13 AM »

Yeah !!!!!  Love those outlaws !!!!!!  800 hp in 1500# cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish they would broadcast live again on TV,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fastribs85

« Reply #25 on: Jun 28, 2004, 11:53 PM »
fishboy billy runs there and i think he spun that night cant remember ive been unable to be at the computer for a while car to watch that night was tim tanner jr he was pulling wheelies from turn 2 down the backstraight to turn 3 when he hit the brakes and then from 4 to 1  until smoebody tapped him into the inside wall wish theyed get rid of that
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.