FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fly fishing and boat fishing.  (Read 5568 times)

quantumreel

Fly fishing and boat fishing.
« on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:57 PM »
always try fishing off shore for crapipes. always fail.. i got a boat this year. does anyone know some good ways of catching crappies from a boat. and how to find them

Huck Finn

Re: Fly fishing and boat fishing.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2011, 07:16 AM »
Are you going to have a fishfinder on your boat?
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day... give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

quantumreel

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Are you going to have a fishfinder on your boat?
if i can find an afordable one

sparkie

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Are you using flies or just the pole and reel.  If your using flies a gray ghost or muddler minnow on a 6 foot tippet (4#) cast along side any exposed weed bed will do the trick.

quantumreel

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Are you using flies or just the pole and reel.  If your using flies a gray ghost or muddler minnow on a 6 foot tippet (4#) cast along side any exposed weed bed will do the trick.
fly fishing. but i have never seen a trout near shore at this lake. only in colorado. i will also be fishing with a pole

surflizard

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2011, 07:05 AM »
I use my boat to target the local bridge abutments where the crappies stack up to spawn. I also look for weedbeds, brushpiles and rock humps.

Cobra

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Easiest way is http://www.rainbowplastics.com/cart/display.php3?ID=I493&token=5a23e4ab761a557868 Love a fly rod myself but there are times when the wind is a bit much or with 2 people in a small boat. Mini Clouser patterns are lethal but nymphs, poppers and ice jigs can easily be flung and take fish. Usually get them locally or Cabela's/BPS for less than $2
AKA - Swift on IS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.