FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hello All! A few questions  (Read 1118 times)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Hello All! A few questions
« on: Jun 27, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a few questions to ask regarding your beaches/coastline. My fiancée and I were talking about heading to the beach with our daughter this weekend.  Connecticut is the closest for us. Of course, I intend on doing some fishing if I can. So my question is this. What are some beaches that would  1) Be friendly for my family and 2) Provide some sort of pier, breakwall, or jetty to fish from. We would just be going down for the day, so I'm certainly not out to steal anyone's spots, just trying to have fun with my family and maybe catch a few fish.

I have never fished saltwater, so I'd be happy catching anything. I don't really have heavy gear, but my heavier bass gear should be sufficient I would think? I really have no clue where to start, so any help you guys could offer would be great. Thanks!

Also, my brother lives in Bristol. He took a job with ESPN last year, and is really bored outside of work. He's been fishing a pond near his apartment called Birge Pond (I think?) but he's looking for some more places. My family is from Connecticut (I was born  in Willimantic and lived in Mansfield as a young kid...dad grew up all over, mainly the Plainville area) and my dad suggested some places to him but since he hasn't fished there in 24 years or so, his memory is a little faded. Any ideas where he could try? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks again guys, I look forward to some responses! Take care!

-Zach

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.