FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone fish pinks?  (Read 6538 times)

slim slinger

Anyone fish pinks?
« on: Aug 31, 2004, 07:25 PM »
I was just wondering what everyone uses or finds works the best when fishing for pink salmon... i have done a bit in the past but not as much as chinooks and coho's...
hopefully this year i can get out and learn a lot more about these fish...
Thanks a bunch

Slim

Mackdaddy21

Re: Anyone fish pinks?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2004, 10:02 PM »
I have fished for them before in Washington. We called them humpies. They were tough to catch because they are mostly plankton eaters. They would run in the numerous good sized rivers that dot the coastlines. I only actually caught them in Puget Sound, never could hit the runs right in the rivers.

Tyler

slim slinger

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2004, 11:56 PM »
ive been fishing them here in ontario and i have been doing alright with buzz bombs.....beauty fish tho.....

Slim

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2004, 02:28 AM »
Pixie spoons work the best, woth the pink inserts, They really like that pink color, I fished for them all summer adn found that these are what worked best.   

here is a real good batch of pinks before they got all colored up and ready to spawn

Heres a colored up male and a un colored up female,
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

slim slinger

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Sweet pics man!
I have been using cleos alot too but i am definitly going to use the pixie spoon...
i have a couple one orange, one green and i believe i do have a pink one..
Well i think i'll actually go try them out today!
i got 11 two days ago...i am currently waiting to finish the film then i am gettin a buddy to scan the pics for me so i can post the pics for everyone to see...
nothin great but they are still pics to look at! haha

also all the pinks are in their spawning colours ! almost trout looking...never caught a silver one around here....

again thanks and great shots

slim

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2004, 11:19 AM »
Hey, no problem, little cleos worked pretty good too, Where I was catching the pinks their were so many You'd get bored of catching them, and anyone that knows me should be scared of that fact, I almost never get tired of fishing and never get tired of catching fish.    We caught so many up there it was amazing, we fiddled around with different types of lures adn colors adn the color that seemed to work the best was pink, and that was the inly thing that we could get them to bitew when they went up the stream to spawn.    We were catching like 40 or 50 pinks a night per person for a few days.    Good luck in the upcoming fishing.   
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Fishing for pinks is pretty sweet providing you use the right takle especially when you catch them in the ocean. I mostly fly fish and my best flies for pinks ocean or not are green and white clausers. I disagree with pixees however, i believe they are not as good as small crocodiles for two reasons. They sink slower which allows you to vary your retrieve more and do a slow retrieve which the pinks like in Kodiak, AK. It also allows you to fish shallower water. Also Pixees are the number on sold lure by the locas shops. Every tourist and his brother who come to fish here with lures use pixees because of their reputation. Fish may not be the smartes animal but in my experience after a while those pinks wise up to those pixees.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

rendo

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:24 PM »
the Pinks that we catch in Lake Huron are real small so dont target them. They hit lures and wont even trip the downrigger release
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.