FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your Favorite Fish dishes..  (Read 10565 times)

NYSporty

Re: Your Favorite Fish dishes..
« Reply #75 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:11 PM »
My grandfather ( may he rest in peace) gave me an excellent recipe for mud shark.  River king salmon, or what some of you guys call mud shark.  First get a couple nice fillets, then get yourself a nice cedar board and soak it in water for about 24 hours.  Take the board out of the water and place it on your BBQ grill.  Lay your salmon fillets on the board, lay slices of onion and lemon on the fillets.  Grill the fish on the board until the meat is flakey.  Once the fish Is done take the fish off the board, throw the fish away and eat the board.  Sorry guys I couldn't help myself.
That's a sandy pond secret recipe we use oak down here it's easier to come by and tastes better than cedar lol.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #76 on: Oct 16, 2011, 01:42 AM »
Nice burn RG we did the tin can for Lot's of years now we have them made of 440 stainless I get my share of aluminum via beer.
By the way The rod is striped can I do the wrap with regular thread?
Buy some Guidebrod thread. "A" nylon is easiest to deal with. Fewer fuzzies and plenty strong. It's what would have been on that vintage rod when it was built. A little alcohol lamp is best for burning off the fuzz after wrapping. They're cheap and easy to come by. Use denatured alcohol and the flame will be perfectly clean.
Janns or Mudhole are good sources. I buy my threads and stuff on Ebay. Put some pics up when you get it wrapped up. Fun stuff, eh?

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fisher7450

• If theres a fish in the water I'll fish it
« Reply #77 on: Oct 16, 2011, 02:22 AM »
Once the fish Is done take the fish off the board, throw the fish away and eat the board.  Sorry guys I couldn't help myself.

wow just tried it best salmon i ever tasted   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
A Great Fishermen doesn't need the best equipment.
A Great Fishermen makes the best of what they have.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #78 on: Oct 17, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Steamship beef/ Egg noodle carblanc...

This dish is very simple to make, the best way is from using leftovers from a roast.

Dice and chunck up the beef from the roast. Trim the silver and fat.

If you can accumulate 1.5 to 2 lbs of meat or more from a steam roast.....here we go.

Beef, chuncked up
2-3 vidalia sweet onion (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tsp black pepper
1tbs salt
leftover "AU JUI" from the cooked meat
1 cup Red wine
3 tbs olive oil
1 bag egg noodles

Heat medium saute pan with olive oil, onion, garlic to a carmailized crisp, add wine, at med. heat reduce to med. thick sauce. Add Au JU and meat to the dish, simmer  for 45-60 minutes at low heat.

Take pre-cooked egg noodles, and saute them in a seperate skillet with butter until crisp.
Once beef mixture is tender, top that over saute'd egg noodles. Then top with a sprinkle of Parm. cheese.

bunker killer

« Reply #79 on: Oct 20, 2011, 06:18 PM »
best with cod or pollock take 4in pices of fish coat them with ranch dressing then take salt n vinigar chips crush them into bits in a zip lock bag then roll the fish in the chips till coated then bake 20 min. woo hoo good times awate you.

I'm gonna give this a try this weekend, Thanks Jim

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #80 on: Oct 23, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Steamship beef/ Egg noodle carblanc...

This dish is very simple to make, the best way is from using leftovers from a roast.

Dice and chunck up the beef from the roast. Trim the silver and fat.

If you can accumulate 1.5 to 2 lbs of meat or more from a steam roast.....here we go.

Beef, chuncked up
2-3 vidalia sweet onion (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tsp black pepper
1tbs salt
leftover "AU JUI" from the cooked meat
1 cup Red wine
3 tbs olive oil
1 bag egg noodles

Heat medium saute pan with olive oil, onion, garlic to a carmailized crisp, add wine, at med. heat reduce to med. thick sauce. Add Au JU and meat to the dish, simmer  for 45-60 minutes at low heat.

Take pre-cooked egg noodles, and saute them in a seperate skillet with butter until crisp.
Once beef mixture is tender, top that over saute'd egg noodles. Then top with a sprinkle of Parm. cheese.

What did you catch the cow on  ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.