FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cuse is gonna be # 1 (Other mods please leave here. thanks, Roy)  (Read 88411 times)

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
Re: Cuse is gonna be # 1
« Reply #45 on: Jan 06, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Give Cuse time and they will revert to "Streetball" cause Boeheim has no control over this team.  Should be fun watching them play @ West Virginia or even St Johns.

Eagle Ed

Good and valid point, Ed.  But it wouldn't be the Big East without some playground basketball!

As long as they keep that stuff within league play and don't try to fast-break every ACC and SEC team in the Big Dance they should be golden.  I don't think I have seen an SU team as patient as this in my lifetime.  And I have been following them for 30yrs+. 

Most of my family are SU grads.  I'm the only dumb one who had to go to Cortland State  :D

(Apparently there isn't much scholarship money for high school pole vaulters...  Go figure!)
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

C

« Reply #46 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Good and valid point, Ed.  But it wouldn't be the Big East without some playground basketball!

As long as they keep that stuff within league play and don't try to fast-break every ACC and SEC team in the Big Dance they should be golden.  I don't think I have seen an SU team as patient as this in my lifetime.  And I have been following them for 30yrs+. 

Most of my family are SU grads.  I'm the only dumb one who had to go to Cortland State  :D

(Apparently there isn't much scholarship money for high school pole vaulters...  Go figure!)
Hey now Jimmy, don't badmouth yourself like that for going to Cortland State. I graduated from SU and my son did too, but he spent his first year at SUNY Oswego. While he was in high school, we visited some SUNY campuses and talked to several professors and I developed a real respect for the SUNY system. The professors there seem as dedicated as anywhere, and the campuses were quite impressive.

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #47 on: Jan 07, 2012, 03:01 AM »
Hey now Jimmy, don't badmouth yourself like that for going to Cortland State. I graduated from SU and my son did too, but he spent his first year at SUNY Oswego. While he was in high school, we visited some SUNY campuses and talked to several professors and I developed a real respect for the SUNY system. The professors there seem as dedicated as anywhere, and the campuses were quite impressive.

Haha, thanks Bud.  My SUNY education has served me very well, actually.  I just took my time  :D  My degree provided me with an eight year career with the National Park Service and now a five-year run as an Ecologist in the sports industry (golf courses and MLB/NFL stadiums).

Both of my sisters (older) spent plenty of time at SU and then went on to Ivy Leage post-grad (Cornell and Penn, respectively).

They do well for themselves, I just took a different path.  And my loans are all paid off already, they are both still over $30k in the hole  :o

Thats said, I will always be a fan of SU hoops.  Just like most of Upstate NY, I suppose!
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #48 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Eagle Ed...could you clarify streetball. SU is best at fastbreaks and alley oops from the turnovers they create.....and if that is streetball then we have been doing it all along. SU is not that great in the half court offense. The players attention span is about as long as mine is  ;D   The 2-3 zone is def not streetball but a defense that takes alot of time and thinking to get into the zone of the zone. This is a fun team to watch and they are very good and if a team is to beat them it will be from slowing the pace to a crawl which is awfully hard to do against this team.   

Revenge on Buzz will be great today...hopefully  :P

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #49 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Eagle Ed...could you clarify streetball. SU is best at fastbreaks and alley oops from the turnovers they create.....and if that is streetball then we have been doing it all along. SU is not that great in the half court offense. The players attention span is about as long as mine is  ;D   The 2-3 zone is def not streetball but a defense that takes alot of time and thinking to get into the zone of the zone. This is a fun team to watch and they are very good and if a team is to beat them it will be from slowing the pace to a crawl which is awfully hard to do against this team.   

Revenge on Buzz will be great today...hopefully  :P
transtion basketball

perchgod27

« Reply #50 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:45 PM »
what the hell does syracuse basketball have to do with fishing anyways

esox v

« Reply #51 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:59 PM »

I don't know ??  I can't figure out Why the heck you would talk about fishing in a basketball thread ?? :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #52 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:52 AM »
 I don't know ??  I can't figure out Why the heck you would talk about fishing in a basketball thread ?? :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :thumbup_smilie:

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #53 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:10 AM »

The only thing that they have in common is they both have NET"S. lol
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #54 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:24 PM »
not a d**n thing thats why is in a thread for su basketball

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #55 on: Jan 11, 2012, 05:28 PM »
Wooo Hoooo  another game to pass the week away....got the grill fired up and a brew in hand. Time to spank the Nova boys around....thank goodness we got the South Philly connection here in the Cuse.

Hope they get out and RUN them off the court and hope Melo does not start flailing his elbow around a little  ::)   I can see Waiters filling the stat sheet tonight with one of his hammer slams

This is the proverbial trap game

OneBucketMike

• OneBucketMike
« Reply #56 on: Jan 11, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Wooo Hoooo  another game to pass the week away....got the grill fired up and a brew in hand. Time to spank the Nova boys around....thank goodness we got the South Philly connection here in the Cuse.

Hope they get out and RUN them off the court and hope Melo does not start flailing his elbow around a little  ::)   I can see Waiters filling the stat sheet tonight with one of his hammer slams

This is the proverbial trap game

Every game will be a trap game from now on. Ooh, and I saw where Waiters had at least two of those hammer slams in their win tonight. Cya....
One Bucket Mike

Eagle Ed

• http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif
« Reply #57 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Well Orangemen really playing great basketball with not much left on the schedule to give them trouble for an undefeated regular season.  Only see three possible problems in Notre Dame (because they get all the home calls from the referees), U. Conn (because they can match-up, but don't have the depth) and suprisingly Rutgers (they can be tough at home especially with the influence of all those New Jersey bookies).  Louisville showed how overrated they were when Providence spanked them and Villanova is still a year away with all their young players.
West Virginia could have been a good opponent, but Dalton Pepper (great outside shooter/Pa Player of the Year in 2009) left for Temple and will play there for his last two years starting next year.
Jimmy - Cortland is a great school and showed my school (Lycoming) how to play some football in the Division III football playoffs a few years back.

Eagle Ed

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #58 on: Jan 14, 2012, 03:56 PM »

Cant wait to hear the ESPN clownes say " in my opinion NC and UK are still better than the Cuse " lol ! GO CUSE  ;D

Eagle Ed

• http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif
« Reply #59 on: Jan 21, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Game was well officiated and Notre Dame just outplayed the Orangemen.  Irish have always been tough at home.  Still think Syracuse has no one to challenge them the rest of their schedule.

Eagle Ed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.