FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: red sox!!!  (Read 29951 times)

venisonman

Re: red sox!!!
« Reply #30 on: Oct 21, 2004, 06:52 AM »
Congrats to the Red Sox.
As a diehard Yankee fan, this is brutal. We have had our run and more than our fair share of Championships.
All I can say is " GO N.L." .......the curse is alive and well!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: Oct 21, 2004, 10:18 AM »
But, There is a new curse now.......THE A-ROD CURSE.

In Seattle......LOSER
In Texas........LOSER
In NY.............BIG LOSER

Talk about Choke..............

As a matter of fact, I'm getting all choked up just thinking about that History making Red Sox win last night.
How sweet it is.................. :D

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #32 on: Oct 21, 2004, 04:08 PM »
I had faith the whole time they could do it!!! (If you don't believe that, see my post when they were down 3-0). The curse is broken!!! Enjoy your world series rings when you guys whoop up on the cards!

bigdave1018

« Reply #33 on: Oct 21, 2004, 04:15 PM »
yeah arod is a decent player but the yanks needed left handed pitching worse then the whos on 3rd stupid star!!!!!!!!!!!!!. they could have gotten 5 or 6 quality lefties for what they are paying nim rod. i guess buying arods salary kinda back fired on that ocs steinbrenner!!! maybe the boss can buy a guillitine and have a real heads will roll  pay per view at the stadium and he can go 1st!!!!!!! its just a thought.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #34 on: Oct 21, 2004, 05:39 PM »
But, There is a new curse now.......THE A-ROD CURSE.

In Seattle......LOSER
In Texas........LOSER
In NY.............BIG LOSER

Talk about Choke..............

As a matter of fact, I'm getting all choked up just thinking about that History making Red Sox win last night.
How sweet it is.................. :D
great post mugz brought a tear to my eye :'(   

A-hole err uhh i mean Arod Curse what a riot!!! :clapping:
Scotty 

venisonman

« Reply #35 on: Oct 21, 2004, 06:29 PM »
Ok,ok...Us Yankee fans got ahead of ourselves being up 3-0 and the Yanks  took their whipping.

However, you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves as well. The curse is not broken until they win the World Series.

After all doesn't "Damon" and "Buckner" have the same number of syllables?
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #36 on: Oct 21, 2004, 07:24 PM »
uhh no
Scotty 

BJ

« Reply #37 on: Oct 21, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Love those sox. Cant figure out if Im more happy that they beat the yankees and made history,or that we finally got to shut up all those big mouth yankee fans who thought they would sweep us!!!! You know who you are!!! ;D Yankess suck!!! :'(

deerhunter

« Reply #38 on: Oct 22, 2004, 06:12 AM »
you yankee fans have to stop with that curse crap. its over. didn,t babe ruth play for the yankees? to me beating the yankees was more gratyfing than to win the world series.

venisonman

« Reply #39 on: Oct 22, 2004, 01:07 PM »
DA-MON AND BUCK-NER.............UHHH    YUP

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #40 on: Oct 22, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Once again congratulations to the Red Sox, they deserved such a win after so much nothing. We'll see how far they go.
But I just gotta ask,why is Alex Rodriguez the new curse and BIG LOSER? He's accomplished more in his career than any of the Red Sox... any of them. 57 homers a year, .357 average, Gold Glove Defense, 40-40 player, 5 tool player
Red Sox- No one has hit 57 homers
Red Sox- No one has hit .357
Red Sox- No one has half as many gold gloves
Red Sox- No one has hit 40 homers and stole 40 bases
Red Sox- No one is a five tool player
He's one big loser alright. :cookoo:
Once again congratulations to the Red Sox, they deserved such a win after so much nothing. We'll see how far they go.

mr._freeze

« Reply #41 on: Oct 22, 2004, 03:42 PM »
He's acomplished more than any of the Red Sox??? That is, except play in a world series. Right? The facts are individual stats don't mean a thing when it comes to winning championships. GO SOX!!!

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #42 on: Oct 22, 2004, 04:15 PM »
One man can't carry a team, he did his best in Seattle and Texas, their failure wasn't because of him.
In New York, he contributed greatly in the postseason, and it showed. I don't get how he's a loser if his team fails him. ???

BJ

« Reply #43 on: Oct 22, 2004, 07:38 PM »
I know I never said anything about Alex. You might want to check your local sportswriters who seem to be ready to sacrifice anyone  to blame on the history making collapse. But as far as sticking up for one player and not your whole team,well,that just doesnt seem right. You win as a team and lose as a team. And being a sox fan,I know what Im talking about. And as far as seeing how far they will go,I hope they win it all. But if they dont,I will still be proud of they way they played in the playoffs. But watching them make history and come back and beat the yankees 4 straight is something I will never forget.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #44 on: Oct 22, 2004, 09:36 PM »
I'm not saying anything bad about the Yankees, just standing up for Alex when he's callled a big loser ;D That's All
Go Yankees

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.