FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last mtn  (Read 11345 times)

fishjn

Last mtn
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Anyone been out to last mtn yet?

Big Burk

Re: Last mtn
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:57 PM »
 Got out on weekend on north end of lake, pike were hitting good.

cowboy_1990

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2012, 12:18 PM »
Any updates on LML?  Especially the south end would be appreciated.  Thanks!

cowboy_1990

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2012, 08:38 AM »
Well I went out to Little Arm last night, fished the point for about 2 hours with everything from pickerel rigs to spoons and didn't even get a bite.  Just as we were leaving one fellow pulled in a small 1lb pike and I talked to a guy while walking back to the truck and he claims he had 3 pike...although he was there for only 45 minutes and I never seen him reel anything in but who knows.  Then we headed to Regina Beach to try get some perch from the dock, nothing again!  One of the boats out front of the dock pulled one nice perch in while we were there and that's all the action we seen at LML.  Hopefully it picks up soon when the water cools down!

GreenBones

« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2012, 10:38 PM »
We fish a little further down the lake from Regina Beach and have found that the fishing has been great all year. We fish from boat and also from shore. We have caught all sizes of pike and also have caught some nice walleye from shore as well. Most have been caught on spoons.

anglerbrian

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Tried Last Mountain today for the first time since the ice left, We had a good day between the three of us we landed 9 pike 8 perch and 8 Walleye from 2.5 to 7 lbs
I tossed the 7 pounder back. We kept a couple of the bigger perch and a couple walleye each for lunch tomorrow. We used larger hotntots #6 i think and jointed shad rap deep divers. We trolled from 15 to 25 feet depths and most fish were caught in 18  feet of water.
here are a few pics from today.

The conservation officers were out checking and said the fishing had been slow lately but we had pretty steady action all day.
We fished from Collingwood to Midway and back again finding a few hotspots along the way. Key on 15-18 foot depths near deeper water and you should find a few.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2012, 11:26 PM »
Nice going anglerbrian and company those are good numbers of fish. :)
Way to go on that big old walleye, she's a beauty. 8)

Hows the lake for algae this year?

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

anglerbrian

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Hey WW the algae isnt too bad in the open areas some of the sheltered bays have a little.
 Was wondering if many of our members have tried the new Fergie Jigging spoons from Reel Bait Tackle?
Heard they were awesome for the big Walleye and Pike. I tried to get some on the weekend but Wholesale sports was all out and no one else had them.
  I have ordered a few online just to give em a try. 
They did have some Lytel's Secret Tailspinners from the same company so I bought a few of those to try this weekend.

Water Wolf

« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2012, 04:36 PM »
I see, thanks for the algae update at LML. :)

I have never tried any of the Fergie Jigging spoons yet but, I do have a Lytel's Secret Tailspinners.
It's a not bad lure for walleye and pike and you can really cast it, but being made of mostly lead, the heavier one I have tends to get hung up a fair amount.

I also quite like the Reel Bait flasher jigs with a soft plastic lure, frozen minnow, smelt, earthworm or leech.
They are good to jig, cast or troll.
I really like them in the winter for ice fishing.

WW

anglerbrian

« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Tried out in front of Collingwood yesterday and didnt venture too far away as the wind was blowing hard most of the day.

We caught a load of perch and some nice pike up to 8 lbs. They seem to like the Lytels secret tailspinners and as Waterwolf said you can cast them a mile even into a brisk wind. My nephew caught a nice big perch on a number 7 hotntot. Good fishing everyone.

Water Wolf

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 09:24 PM »
Hi guys,
Have any of you tried shore or boat fishing at LML, yet this season?

If so, any luck and what species?

WW

anglerbrian

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 02:07 PM »
Hey W.W
I havent tried it this year but shore fishing at the North end by the regional park has been good for pike and the odd Walleye in the past,
I heard the pike were biting pretty good there but my sources were fishing from a boat. I think I will be heading back to L.L. and give the Mountain a try mid June.

Water Wolf

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 01:39 AM »
I see, thanks anglerbrian. :)
I hope to check out what the fishing is like at LML.

I was also wondering if there has been any action at Lewis Creek, Big Arm Bay, the very N end or the very S end recently? ???
I would be happy with any fish that's willing to bite that day. ;)

WW

OUTHNTN

• "CRANK IT, YANK IT & SLAP IT ON THE GRILLE!"
« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2013, 06:19 PM »
The family and I are coming up from Montana next week for a few days of fishing.  Never been to LML so my question is what seems to be the ticket for walleye and pike this time of year.  We're only fishing for 2 days so I don't want to bring every piece of tackle I own ;) just what's necessary!  Any tips and info would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanx and good fishin' - OH

Water Wolf

« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Hi OUTHNTN,

What area of LML were you thinking of fishing?

Will you be shore fishing or using a boat? ???

LML is a place where a person could potentially catch some large pike and walleye as well as other fish species. They are definitely there.

The last few times I shore fished at LML, I had good luck on swimbaits like the storm wildeye swimshad, Berkley flatback shad or similar style and a spoon like Len Thompson spoon, Daredevil spoon, Pelican lures fishing spoon or Northland's Live forage casting spoon.

Brighter colors seemed to be the ticket for both spoons and swimbaits as the water can get a bit merky with algal bloom in summer.

As for other rigs, I know folks also have good luck pulling bottom bouncers and spinner rigs with worms, leeches or frozen minnows while some have good luck on deeper diving crankbaits. 

If you had a not picked an area of the the lake yet I might try fishing around the Rowan's Ravine / Fox Point area.
Those 2 ares of the lake is the deepest and the points should hold some fish. 
Not exactly sure what depth but if you have a fish finder with you will see them.
These fish sometimes suspend in the water column as they hunt the ciscos / tullibee's both the pike's and walleyes major food source.

Rowan's Ravine area is a Provincial Park so you will have to pay to get in but it's a place that has a lot of services + guides at G & S Marina.:)
{see link below}
http://www.gsmarina.com/

The big carp that LML has is another fun bruiser to fish for.  Most of them are a good size, 15 - 20 lbs with a few 30 lbs and over.
The biggest carp I have heard come out of LML was 50 lbs, but it was shot with a bow and arrow.

Even if you all ready have a spot picked out it would be a good idea to contact Rob from G & S Marina or the folks at Pokeys tackle shop or Great Northern Rod and Reel.
Both tackle shops are in Regina SK and both usually keep track of where the fish are biting at LML and other lakes.
The number for G & S is on the web page.

Pokeys website has his number on it  ------>pokeystackle.ca/
It also has a fishing report on his web page, but it don't go into detail on what the hot lure or depth is.

Great Northern Rod and Reel's # is: (306) 359-7378

Both are good places to stop if your passing through Regina. :)

Here is a link for you to a depth map for LML. Just click on this link ---> http://gisweb1.serm.gov.sk.ca/imf/imf.jsp?site=bathy
Once your on it click on the finding a lake area to the right of the screen and search to you see LML listed.
You then click on the star and see several depth maps for LML.

I hope I have helped you a bit.
Good luck with your trip and I hope you and your family catch some big ones. 8)

P.S.  Most folks in SK call a walleye a pickerel, so if you hear the locals talking about pickerel you will know what they mean. ;D
We don't have any real pickerel here in SK. ;)

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.