FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last mtn  (Read 11344 times)

OUTHNTN

• "CRANK IT, YANK IT & SLAP IT ON THE GRILLE!"
Re: Last mtn
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Thanx for the great info Water Wolf!  We're actually staying at G & S marina.  I was just curious what some of you locals thought would be some good choices for tackle.  I fish Fort Peck here in MT regularly and fish for the same species, just trying to narrow my tackle down as we still need room in the truck for 4 people ;).  It sounds like LML is a fantastic fishery as I've watched a few Infisherman episodes with Rob from G&S marina.  We purchased the trip at our local Pikemasters banquet when I learned they were auctioning a trip for 4 to LML.  Really looking forward to it and am sure we'll have some great fish stories when we get back!  We're using a boat from G&S this year, but if things go as they seem to we may make it an annual thing and bring the boat with us next year!
  Thank you again Water Wolf for the fantastic info.  My son hopes to catch a big 'pickerel'  ;D as it'll be his and my first, well 'pickerel' that is...
Good fishin' - OH

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #16 on: Jul 12, 2013, 05:48 PM »
No problem OUTHNTN, glad to help. :)

I also sent you a PM. ;)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Swaintrain21

« Reply #17 on: Aug 11, 2013, 01:14 AM »
A friend and I fished from Grandview south and found 15-20 Walters, with 1 being 10.3 lbs, and a few pike. Moved to in front of Green Acres and found a few pike. Then we moved to spot that I won't mention on here and caught 4 hawgeye's over 11 lbs. Ths biggest was 14.8 lbs. Fished from 2 till 9.

killemfish

« Reply #18 on: Aug 12, 2013, 10:45 AM »
Good job on the hogs! Get any pics? I would like to see them!

anglerbrian

« Reply #19 on: Oct 07, 2013, 04:01 PM »
Had a decent day north of Midway yesterday drifting and snap jigging fergie prototype spoons as well as lytels secret tailspinners and pk panics.
Caught a big Walleye on a perch pattern tailspinner right under the boat in 28 feet of water. My sister caught a huge pike using a large spinnerbait with a fluoro orange blade. All fish were released.
  Seems a shame to be putting the new boat away now as she is just barely broke in.  I will admit I am looking forward to the ice fishing season.

Water Wolf

« Reply #20 on: Oct 10, 2013, 01:55 AM »
Swantrain21 & anglerbrian ,
Congrats on the dandy fish you guys have found at LML. 8)

WW

anglerbrian

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 08:30 PM »
Got the boat out at last (North end of last mountain). Launched at the Regional and headed north. Deb caught a couple of Pike early then I caught a nice 4.5lb Walleye. I played with the new terrova with i-pilot link and also the new Humminbird 999HD SI. Marked a waypoint where the Walleye was caught . Tried a little further north then headed back to the waypoint using the go to feature on the i-pilot. Just shy of the waypoint when another Walleye hit this time a shade under 7lbs.
 We were using thinfin original cranks and also tried storm wild eye perch and hot n tots. Caught fish on all of them.
Have to golf tomorrow this retirement sure keeps a guy busy.  Tight lines everyone.

Water Wolf

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 12:09 AM »
Way to go anglerbrian & Deb, you guys found some dandy walleye. 8)
I also like various Storm lures.

The new i-pilot and new hummingbird unit sound like a sweet combo. Good to see they are working for you already. :)

WW

fatleroy

« Reply #23 on: Jun 01, 2014, 07:01 AM »
anglerbrian have to remember that when old golfers die, MOST would like to be buried on the greens by the 18th hole, with their club and sac of balls. Just a line to go will your iceshanty Old fishermen never die... they just smell that way. Retirement fantastic.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.