FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lets see your boat projects ..  (Read 15373 times)

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
Re: Lets see your boat projects ..
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:03 PM »

Thanks Bob. I couldn't find any oar locks that I could make work. They were all recessed, flat or rounded. The boat is so old I don't know what it would have come with originally.

I just finished the motor stand. It's nothing fancy. I built it out of 2x4's but I installed wheels on the rear. With space tight in the garage it will make it easier moving around. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

Maybe I will feel some wind in the face with the new 2.5 ! LOL   I figure it should be 4-5 times more powerful than the electric though.

Those who are brave are free ..       

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:31 PM »
Whatever works ! I spend 10% of my time in the boat, 90% in the water.

Without my fly rod, I feel lost these days.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2015, 12:07 PM »

Here's a picture of the motor stand. I have my electric and my 2.5 hp outboard on it. I'm in the middle of cleaning the garage and having the wheels on it makes it easy to move around.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #18 on: Jul 13, 2015, 07:05 PM »

Hey guys it's been a while. Well I finally got around to finishing the wheel kit I started fabricating in the fall. I literally finished mounting it about an hour ago.
I wheeled it around the yard, swung it in the up and down position and so far so good. Here's a few pics.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Jul 13, 2015, 07:14 PM »
That looks great Doug...   :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2015, 08:22 AM »

Thanks Dom. I thought this would make my life a little easier and not tie up any ramps. I can get the boat off the roof and load it up in the parking lot and just walk it down to the ramp. If it's just a trail launching area it should work equally as well.
I was hoping to get out this weekend but the weather isn't looking all that great.  :'(

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2015, 10:32 AM »

The wheels are working out perfectly. I was able to get out 3 times so far. I did paint them because of the glare from the sun.
I was also able to test out the 2.5 outboard. After some tweaking the outboard is going great. I had to try some weight distribution and also try a tiller extension.
Here's a picture.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Aug 08, 2015, 02:46 PM »
That's a trim craft bud  ;D

Love the wheel idea.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #23 on: Aug 12, 2015, 01:50 PM »

Thanks Bob. As for the wheels I'd have to say a total success. It's made my life so much easier.  ;D

I was out in Pa this past weekend to fish with my nephew. At the end of the day guys were at the docks waiting for their trailers. When I pulled into the ramp I heard some moaning and I said I'll be gone in 2 minutes.
I lifted the motor off, put it in the boat, lowered the wheels and locked them in with the pins. As I started to walk up the ramp with my boat I heard the guys laughing and saying "that is slick".

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Aug 12, 2015, 04:06 PM »
Well, you know me....I love a great home made project.

Cool work!

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.